Monday, December 8, 2008

This Dreaded Day Has Arrived!

Ok my little crazy boy, :)

About a month ago when we were putting you to bed, I left the room before your daddy did and I heard him say, "Honey, we have a problem." I had no idea what he could possibly mean, and went I turned the corner to your room I saw you straddling your crib. Holy cow boy! That night we lowered your mattress to the final lowest setting, (only two inches more) and knew we had just a matter of time before you were able to hoist yourself over and out. I can't tell you how much I dreaded that day!

This past weekend we all went to visit your Aunt Heather and Uncle Jo Jo and had a wonderful time getting spa treatments, riding 4-wheelers, shooting guns, going to a Christmas Parade, (your VERY FIRST parade and you LOVED IT!) and just hanging out with friends. It was a blast! Anyway....on Saturday afternoon we were at Heather's parent's house and we put you down for a nap in a bedroom upstairs in your pack-n-play. It wasn't but a few minutes later when you came walking out of the room! Uh...HELLO!!! Talk about a wierd feeling THAT was! Climbing out of your crib AND opening the door? I couldn't believe it.... I went in the room just to see it for myself. Sure enough....3 seconds after I put you back in the crib, you were out. Lovely! Juuuuuust Lovely!! I'm not ready for this yet! :) Here you are climbing out of your confinement.........


When we got home I told your daddy that we needed to put you in your crib for a few minutes to see if you were able to do your same trick with your big crib. After all...it was much larger than that silly little pack-n-play right? Surely we could buy us another month or so until we had to convert to a "big-boy" bed...right? Uh....see for yourself! (And by the way....notice the crooked letters on the wall? No...they are not supposed to be that way!)



Anyhoo....we knew we were in trouble. What were we supposed to do? Keep the crib and potentially let you break your neck getting out? Or hope for the best? Gosh I wanted to fight this with all that I was....I just wasn't ready for you to have a big boy bed...and all that freedom! I just knew if we went that route it would be tough for awhile. Well.....big boy bed is what happened. We went down to the garage to get the other bed parts and took the front off of your crib and made it a toddler bed. I was pretty much teary eyed the whole time. I was soooooo sad! Your crib was going away! Forever! This was a tough moment for me. I just am not liking that you are growing up so fast....I always think I have more time and then you go outgrow me.... :(

Here are some pictures of the "process"..... :(














AMAZINGLY, you didn't get out of bed last night, and didn't fall out!!! I had to take a picture of you in the night.....

I woke up this morning to you waking ME up! You scared me to death!!! It was so strange to have you just come walking into our room. You were soooo quiet. It almost made me cry you were so adorable.

This afternoon however was a different story. I'm too exhausted to elaborate at this time....but all I will say is....You definitely didn't want to stay in that bed for your nap! I put you back into your bed about 40 times over and over. You finally got it after I had to spank your little booty for the first time (it really made me so sad to do that honey, but I had to!) and you didn't get out of that bed again. Tonight you went right down and didn't get out......I'm so proud of you honey.... We may have a few tough days learning how this works...especially at naptime, but so far I am amazed at how great you've been. Of course you are! You are always so wonderful.....I love you so much and I guess I have to call you my Big Boy now!.....nah....you're still my little baby.....

I love you....sweet dreams....

Love, Mommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. Wow...
A nice blog.

Please visit:

http://holidayinparadise.blogspot.com

Keep blogging.
Happy holiday.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this scares me. Aria hasn't figured out how to do this. But I think more so than anything, I am floored that this is the first time you have ever had to spank Caden! Wow! Aria has such a temper on her...I have had to spank her a time or three.

Unknown said...

So, umm.... aren't they supposed to be, like, 3! before all of this happens? Guess I'm kinda clueless in this arena. :)
You all are SO cute and he really is an exceptional child!