Sunday, April 20, 2008

Caden's First Party!!

Hey my little love,

So your first big Birthday Bash was yesterday. What a day!!! TWENTY EIGHT people showed up to help you celebrate. Can you believe that??!!? No you're not loved or anything.....Jeez Looise!!! What an amazing day.

So, I pretty much panicked when I realized that so many people were coming. I NEVER thought that everyone would be able to make it....but oh yes, they were coming! So...I had a few days to really plan this thing and get it all put together, and boy did I have a blast! I was so excited to make a fun little party for you....even though you'll never remember it.. :) I will though....I'll never forget my baby's first birthday party.....

Your party was a Jungle Theme....(of course) I got green Poster Board and cut out big leaves and strung them with vine looking rope. I put fun signs in the appetizers to make it fun and "jungly" :) The Meatballs were "Monkey Poop"....Potato Chips were "Beetle Wings".....Grapes were "Snake Eggs".....Raisins were "Dried Ants"....Spinach Dip was "Python Puke"....Hot Dog strips were "Live Worms" and etc..... How FUN!!! It was definitely a hit.... :) I didn't want to buy your cake at the store so I made both of your cakes with the help of your Aunts Heather and Erica. Boy did we have fun with THAT!! We were laughing soooo hard trying to mold monkeys, trees and leaves out of Tootsie Rolls and Fruit Roll ups. I think it turned out pretty well though and I was so glad that I did it.

We got some great pictures of you eating your first bit of birthday cake. You were so hesitant at first, picking little pieces off and carefully placing them in your mouth. It wasn't until I practically pushed your hand in the cake to help you out a bit that you really started going for it. You practically ate half your little cake baby!!....You were the cutest birthday boy ever.




I'm not sure you'll ever grasp how much you are loved....by me, your dad and everyone that knows you. You are a gem and the treasure of my life. Happy Birthday my little one. You sure know how to throw a great party!! I love you so very much.

Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute party theme! I wish we could have been there. I don't care what that doctor said, Caden has grown like 5 inches and lost his baby look, he's definitely a little boy now! A very adorable litte boy. I love your new hair! What a couple of cuties you both are! I'm so glad we're still friends after all these years and now our kiddos will be friends too! I love you guys :)

Anonymous said...

I had the most fun at your party! You are such a sweet boy. I love you!

Auntie Erica