Wednesday, October 15, 2008

18 MONTHS!!!!

Happy 18 Month Birthday baby!!!

Wow....you are officially One and a half!! Aw.....what a fun time. I keep having more and more fun with you and I just can't pick which month since you've been born that I have loved the most. You are just too precious at every stage. I love you, I love you, I love you!!

You are sooo full of energy in this stage of your life. Goodness boy, you have your mommy and daddy running everywhere after you! You are quite the character...so interested in everything you see and so curious of the world around you. You can't get enough of everything.

THINGS YOU LOVE RIGHT NOW:


Still crazy about trucks and any machinery type thing.

I swear, you just OBSESS over any truck or tractor or lawn mower or any motorized ANYTHING. You just LOVE them...stare at them...point and scream in excitement...you just take it all in. Adorable. I don't really see why a lawn mower is so fascinating, but hey, to you it is like going to Disney Land or something so I totally respect that and give you the 10 minutes you want to simply watch and adore. You still scare the jeebies out of me in the car when you will just randomly SCREAM "TRUCK!!!!" every few minutes or so. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but it still freaks me out every time. :)




Someone chasing you.

You LOOOOVe to be chased. When I ask you to come to me, or say "it's time to go!", you go running in the opposite direction...not to be bad, just so that I'll chase you. You take off and start giggling....it's really so cute. If I don't chase you, you'll come back, touch me to get my attention and take off again. I chase you saying "I'm gonna get you!" and you just laugh and laugh and laugh... (We do this about 20 times a day) :)




Giving "fish kisses"

You haven't been as axious to give kisses lately so I started making a fish face with my lips sucked in like a fish and saying, "Give me a fish kiss!" Well you LOVED that and gave me super kisses! So now that is what I say and you are eager to please! You even walk around trying to make that fish face yourself.



Elevators and Especially ESCALATORS!!

Even beyond your love for machines is your love for THESE silver beasts!! You are so funny when you see an elevator somewhere, you start hootin' and hollerin' and making your famous face as you run towards it. You LOVE to push the buttons and wait for that big door to open. I DO remember elevators being a pretty big deal when I was little too. I think my brother's and I always argued who would get to push the button. So yeah, I remember, and I let you have your fun....:) When we were at the airport this last week both your dad and I spent about 10 min each taking you up and down the escalator. You were soooo funny and had people laughing so hard at you because you were just so VERY excited every second of your trip up AND down. Your joy is just contagious and it just makes you fun to be around.



Grapes.

What can I say? You just looooooove grapes. You can't get enough, and I really just have to cut you off so that you don't turn into a giant grape yourself! :)



THINGS YOU DON'T LIKE RIGHT NOW:

Getting your diaper changed. You've gone through phases of this before, but now it is just insane. You just twist and turn,climb your feet up the wall, grab the diaper, stiffen your legs to the point I have to literally PRY them apart.... I feel like I'm trying to change a baby octopus!! Good grief child!! :) It only takes ONE minute! Can you just lay still for ONE minute? I know I'm interefering with your exploration time, but sheesh!! :)


ok.....it's 2am and i'm so tired...can 't do anymore. I love you more than I could ever type on here. You are the funniest little guy on earth...I love you. I'm so happy you are one and a half....I'm so proud of you..

Love, Mommy

No comments: