Sunday, April 12, 2009

Almost 2... :(

Caden is going to be 2 in just a few days... TWO YEARS OLD!! If you ask him how old he is, he "ON" and holds up his one little finger. I guess I'm going to have to teach him how to show two fingers now....How sad! :( Exciting...but sad.

Although I got choked up on Caden's first birthday, he still seemed like a baby then. But this 2 business is hitting me hard.... It’s like all of a sudden, he is a full-fledged BOY, not a baby. Somehow it made me feel better when I could conclude every anecdote with, “… and he’s not even 2 yet!” Now, he’s grown out of most of his footy pajamas, gets regular haircuts, and will have to pay full fare on airplanes. It’s sad times, people.

Not that he’s choked up about it.... On the contrary, he’s Mr. Independent lately, even more than usual. He wants to put his shoes BY HIS SELF...and has opinions on what books we will read a thousand times in a row. He insists on walking forward down the stairs WITHOUT any assistance, and most times he trots off at his Mother's Day out without so much as a backwards glance. In fact, the only time he seems to want Mom is when he needs something....snacks, juice, or digging a matchbox car out of the toilet. Thanks, buddy...

He’s exerting his independence in other ways too. He insists on being the one to turn off the TV. If I get impatient with him playing around and I turn it off myself, he cries until I turn it back on....just so HE can turn it off. He refuses to hold my hand, but likes to “pull MOMMY" down the street by her finger. (Hey, if that’s the only way that keeps him from being hit by a Mack truck, I’ll take it.) He HAS to be the one to push the garage door button when we leave or come home...if I forget, which sometimes I do, you would think I just beat the child the way he starts screeching. Good LORD! hehehe


It's so exciting to see the ways he is changing and I'm feeling bittersweet this birthday. I don't want him to grow up so fast! In so many ways he is still my baby! But, he is growing nonetheless, and in more ways I seem to be growing as well...learning to love more, learning more patience..and learning to appreciate each day more and more. So...although this 2 thing is a bit hard, I'm excited for what the next day has to offer. My baby is almost TWO!!!!!!!!!! :)

No comments: