Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Little Guy is Really 2......




My sweet little 2 year old,

You are TWO!!! I can't believe it!!! I have so much on my mind tonight and I want to try and say it all to you. First of all...I could never live without you. You...My love...are the one that made me realize how very precious life is. I can never thank you enough for that and I am forever grateful. You are so, so special.

I started this blog when you were only weeks old to document our journey as a family, to keep long distance friends and family connected, and to let you always know of my undying love for you. In writing to you I have cried, laughed, and grown more as a person and mommy.

You were born at 2:58am, so last night I set my alarm so that I could wake you up at that time to tell you Happy Birthday and just hold you for awhile. You woke briefly and smiled the sweetest smile....I swept you in my arms, half asleep, and carried you to your rocker where I just rocked you...sang Happy Birthday to you...and just held you so tight trying to forever imprint into my mind and my heart how you felt just at that moment. I drew back your hair, lingered in your neck and caressed your cute, chubby feet. YOU are my baby....the child I've always dreamed of having. As cheesy as it may sound...YOU COMPLETE ME.

Last night took me back to the first time I saw you, 2 years ago.... The first moment your little eyes met mine...The first time I fed you....Our first days home... It's all a big blur now, kinda like a slideshow flashing by, but sometimes the memories stop on one slide and it all comes tumbling back. As you snored quietly in my arms I prayed for you to know always how much we love you, as does God. I thanked the Lord with my whole, full heart for what a sweet, sweet boy you are, and how much joy that you bring into our lives.

I'm so thankful every day that I have the time to lose myself in your laughter, your cuddles, and your scent. Although things are busy and hectic....with you, all I have is time. Time to appreciate. And that I do.....

You are talking more and more these days....not as much as I thought you would be at this point, but because you are bi-lingual and processing TWO languages, we are told it can be delayed a bit. However....just in the last couple days I have seen you improve by leaps and bounds! :) You try to say EVERYTHING that we say....but it is not always clear, but the words we DO understand are as follows: Ball, Car, Mommy, Daddy, Wawa (water), Aqua, Mine, Peas (please) plplplplpl (porfavor) hehehe, Mas (More), Cracker, Truck, Fwaffle (Waffle), Bite, Luna (Moon), Moi (Nemo) (I have no idea on that one..) Buzz (from Toy Story), Woody (from Toy Story), No, Es (Yes), E (Si) Ow (Cow), Duck, Dog, Uh Oh, Owie, Dat Way (That way)... I know I'm forgetting several words, and I'm sure you will come up with more tomorrow as you do every day. One of these days I feel like you will just start talking in sentences...you understand EVERYTHING!

You love music and everytime you hear a song you start shaking that booty! I'm so glad for that! I hope you grow up to appreciate and love music as much as your mommy. It definitely makes this world a better place!

You are becoming quite the great eater-by-yourselfer too! Hehe! You maneuver that fork and spoon quite lovely, and when you can't quite get the fork to pierce an item of food, you get sooooo ticked off! You grunt and moan and sometimes even scream at it...You are such the perfectionist! Hmmm....wonder where you got that from?

I take you on Friday for your 2 year appointment with the pediatrician so I will have height and weight stats, but I think you are just right on track my perfect little 2 year old!

Your big birthday party is this Saturday....The Theme is CARS, and there will be lots of cars everywhere! I know you will love it.....I'll get lots of fun pictures then!!

Well, I know we will have such a fun year learning and exploring together my bestest little friend....I can't WAIT. You are the best reason to start every day feeling as if it was a miracle. Thank you for being such a good little boy, and for making me the luckiest mom that ever was. I love you my big boy!!

Happy 2nd Birthday!!!!!

Love, Mommy



.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember the night Caden was born...trying to get to the hospital as soon as I could, I didn't want to miss anything! Then, the most incredible night of my life happened as I watched this perfect little man come into the world. As an intuitive/sensitive, I'd never felt anything like it. New life. I KNEW in that moment that this perfect little man was going to be the best thing that could ever happen to my dear friend. With all Tiff has been through, I thought, "he's going to show her what True Love really is and make her life complete!". I have loved watching Caden grow, even though I can't BE THERE to see every little thing, I LOVE this blog and the pictures and video so I can keep up with this amazing family and the transformations of love.
I love you, Caden! I love you, Tiffany, and Gerardo!!!! You are such amazing, special people! I miss you and am so sorry to have missed the TWO birthday's of my special friends! Happy B-day to you, too, Tiff!

Love-Auntie Dana ; )