Monday, August 13, 2007

Some Crazy Weeks.....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Hello little man of mine..

It's been SOOO long since I've written..I've scolded myself almost every day now for not taking the time....but there hasn't seemed to be any time at all!

Ok...where to begin? Well....to make a very long story short, your mommy has not been doing so well physically since you came along. Although I had the perfect pregnancy and birth, boy did you wreak havoc on this body of mine as you came through that birth canal! Not that I am complaining...I would do it a million times over again to have you my little perfect baby. You are worth every ache and pain.

Your mommy had to have surgery so your nana came to stay with us to help out for a week.... Boy did we have fun with her! She is so good to you.....singing to you, playing with you, bathing you... You just eat it up and reward her with a million smiles. She sure does love you! And she is so good to me! I couldn't lift you up in your little car seat, or lift your stroller, so she had to do all the hard stuff....poor nana! :( Well...after a few days I realized that my surgery didn't work and I was sooo discouraged. How can you go under anesthesia, have them cut you up and it not work? Soooo frustrating... Somehow we have to get mommy fixed.... It will happen! :)

Soooo....we had to go to many doctors this week for your mommmy, and endure some not so fun tests. At one place, I got there and they asked me who was there to watch you! I said, "uh...me!" They then informed me that you were not allowed back there with me and I needed to call someone. After much panic I finally got a hold of your Aunt Erica, and she came all the way across town to watch you in the doctor's office. Thank GOD for my friends and family. She had so much fun with you, and by the time I was done you were fast asleep. What a stresful day! And it wasn't over yet! I got you home and when I took you out of your carseat you were BURNING up. At first I just thought it was because it was hot outside...after all, it has been in the 100's lately, but after I had you inside for about a half and hour and you were still hot, I took your temperature and it was 103!!! Of course I panicked! I called the doctor and they told me to bring you in right away. They ran some tests on you, including drawing your blood, which was my most painful moment with you since you were born. I felt I was betraying you as I held your poor body down and they were poking you with the needle. They couldn't find your vein at first, so they were digging around your arm with the needle as you were screaming at the top of your lungs. I couldn't hold the tears back....I love you so much and your pain and fear were slaying me. I'm so sorry little one. Turns out you had a little virus and when you woke up the next morning you were as good as new! Thank God! You gave me a little scare there!

Well, we just got back from your four month check up at the doctor. You are four months now!!! It amazes me every day... I’m not cut out for this "I'm going to be a calm parent when my child is hurt" thing, love. You poor darling boy. When that ole’ nurse stuck you (three times) with the shooter, I thought I’d die. You just shrieked, then lost the ability to breathe, just hiccuping hysterically. My poor little sweetest honey child…

In more uplifting news, you are a whopping 16.4 pounds, which puts you in the 75th percentile for weight. This is an incredible achievement because last appointment you were in the lower 20th percentile. In both height and head circumference you are 51st percentile. Hooray Caden Alexander! You have definitely filled out, as you ought to be doing. Every curve of your body is perfect! And your skin… Oh my word, but you have got the greatest skin.

You were all smiles for the nurses and folks in the waiting room–everyone commented on what a lovely, fun disposition you have. You were most vocal, jabbering on to anyone that would listen to you. Pretty much if your eyes are open, your mouth is going. You love to screech... i'ts so stinkin' CUTE!!! I swear, I wanna eat you up.. :)

My child, you are the total greatest. So fun. Please forgive us for all the silly pictures we take of you. I’m sure when you are 18, 21, 27, etc. you will be horrified that we ever forced you to participate in such madness. Maybe it will help you stomach the event to know that you were adored by all.

In any event, you are smart. It is strange to watch all the things that you are doing, thinking “Wow, this is the first time that you are doing these cool things.” You are really working hard on your hand/eye coordination. It is amazing to watch you look at something and then reach out and get it. A huge developmental accomplishment! Hooray, Caden!!

You have a fierce grip, and you LOVE to suck on our fingers and your whole fist. Now you've started pulling on mom's hair. Can I say OUCH? MAN you can pull hard for a little guy! I'm always aware of where my hair is now, and mostly pull it back for fear of some major hair loss!

In other news, you absolutely HATE to be put on your stomach....you can go from smiling ear to ear to whining like no one's business when I put you on your belly. What a baby! (Ha!) The doctor tells me to put you on your stomach for at least 15 minutes a day to help build your muscles, but you aren't having any of that!! Sometimes you will let me put you there for about one minute and then the grumbling starts...I try to shoot as many pictures as possible, as QUICKLY as possible, before you start demanding a different position. You know how to roll over....why don't you just flop over and get it over with?? :) You are toooooo funny.

I keep forgetting if I've mentioned your fake sneezes yet. I write about so many things that sometimes I wonder if I'm repeating myself. Anyway, no biggie, If so, I'll just mention it again! You are a sneezin' little guy...And you can never sneeze just once! Oh no...it's usually 3,4 or five times. Alot of times you will start sneezing, think you are going to sneeze again, and just kind of make up a little sneeze on you own. You kinda sound like an old man sneezing...a big tadoo...
This is literally one of my most favorite things you do....you make the funniest face, and I am just dying to get it on video!

Speaking of video...I videoed you eating some rice cereal from a spoon for the very first time last night! What a big event! It was quite hilarious, and you have more cereal all over your face than actually going in your mouth! You haven't quite gotten a hang of that "swallowing solid food thing" yet. We'll try again in a day or so. Your doctor said that I can even introduce banana's and applesauce! Yum, yum! Just like with food, I am so excited to introduce you to everything in this life. You just can't even believe how many experiences you are going to have! I promise to make every one as memorable and fun as possible punkin'.

Well, you are not feeling so great today after those immunizations so I am going to go love on you extra much. I love you, I love you, I love you!!! Quit growing so quickly!!

Love, Mommy

No comments: