Friday, July 27, 2007

My lovely little person

July 27th...

Hi my baby,

So much has been happening, it is hard to keep up. I always regret not writing because I want you to know everything that has been happening in your life, but it's hard to juggle everything!

Of primary importance– I have discovered that you are quite ticklish under your armpits. It is the sweetest little thing. The other morning, just on a whim, I tickled you under your armpits and you started cracking up. It is funny to watch and listen to you laugh–it makes me ecstatically happy to listen to you giggle and then break out into a full on fit of laughter. It’s another one of those crazy things, a way that you are growing up. It’s so awesome to see you grow up and learn new things, but then also inexplicably sad to see you leave certain things behind (like your sweet little preemie clothes,newborn clothes, and swaddling rituals). I could never have guessed how emotionally loaded being a parent is and how irrational love can feel. I keep wanting to freeze you where you are. I can’t imagine that the day will ever come when I can’t just pick you up and hold you or splash around with you in the tub. Sniff…

I got you one of those bumbo seats and you just love it! It's so nice to be able to set you anywhere and you just "hang out." I put you on my countertop in my bathroom while i'm getting ready and you just watch me....I put you on the stovetop in the kitchen while i'm cooking or cleaning and you just watch me....Anywhere I put you you are just content as can be and you just watch me.... you are too cute!!!


I hope that you will always feel like you can come to me and that I will help guide you through life’s many journeys. While it may be hard to remember at times, I am your mom and we will always have your best interests at heart. No one will ever love you more than I will love you, ever. I will always root for you the hardest and cheer for you the loudest. When you hurt, I will ache for you, and when life is good to you, my heart will swell for you. I will always be your number one fan, no matter the situation or outcome. I hope that you will know these truths in your heart for all time, my littlest buddy. Sniff…

Well, I don’t know what to say now. I didn’t mean to go on one of my emotional blubberings, but there you go. I’m just so scared that I will mess up along the way and you will not know how extremely dear you are to me.

But what else… Next week we have to go for your 4 month doctor’s appointment. I can’t believe it's already time for that! You are going to get your next round of vaccinations, which means shots. I’m sure to cry and I may have to hold myself back from wrangling the needle from the nurse’s hands. Serenity now… I wonder if you're going to start eating solid foods soon? That's going to be a fun fun day...

Well, my littlest love... I've got work to do now so I better take advantage of that while you are asleep! I'm missing you already!! Sleep tight my munchkin....Mommy loves you...

Love, Mommy

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: