Monday, September 15, 2008

17 MONTHS!!!

Hello my little love,

It's late and I'm simply exhausted but I absolutely HAVE to write to you cause today you are 17 months old! One month shy of a year and a half! I swear, you keep get getting more and more fun. I am just having the time of my life hanging out with you! I never knew life could be so sweet....and so fulfilling. Thank you for that.

You are hard to keep up with my little guy! You are getting around faster and faster these days and it is not as easy to keep track of you. So many times lately when we've been hanging out outside of the house, I have had to run around the outside of the house looking for you cause you're GONE in two seconds. It's so funny...your little legs just take off! Quit doing that to me! You're going to give me heart failure!! You are quite the little independent guy. I love that though.

THINGS YOU LOVE RIGHT NOW:

HELPING. Oh gosh you are so adorable...you just LOVE to help me with whatever task I'm involved in whether its putting laundry in or out of the dryer, folding clothes, putting away groceries, making dinner...etc... You just want to be a part of everything and help in some way. It is soooo precious and I'm actually really loving it. I hope this phase lasts forever! Here is a video of you helping mommy:





BEING IN YOUR DAD'S CAR. Yes, still an obsession of yours. But it must all be in order of course. You need the keys in your hands BEFORE you get in the car, THEN you get in and put the keys in the ignition. (You even know what key it is...amazing) THEN you can play. How are you so smart?

PLANES, TRAINS & AUTOMOBILES: All of the above thrill you to no end and I practically need earplugs when you see or hear any of the three... :)

PUBLIC DISPLAYS OF AFFECTION: Oh gosh child, you are the kissingest, huggingest boy on the face of the earth right now! Just today we went to play in the big indoor play area at the gym I go to, and you were hugging every kid that you ran into. Then they all started coming and giving YOU hugs! The ONE day there that I didn't have my camera. Bummer....cause it was the cutest thing. Again, I hope you never outgrow this loving phase! However, you gotta go easy on hugging and kissing total strangers, especially when you get older. Of course you're not allowed to even kiss a girl til your 30. hehehe :)

INDOOR PLAY AREA: The local Baptist Church has a Family Center that has a huge gym complete with weight rooms, exercise classes, basketball courts, racquet ball courts, all the machines, a rock climbing wall, pool, running track, cafe and HUGE indoor play area. The monthly membership to access all this is only 15 dollars a YEAR. Yes, a YEAR. Hello!!! Still cannot believe it. So....we now go quite often, AND it even has free childcare if you're working out!! I've been going to Yoga, Zumba and Pilate's classes and then we go play in here!! You love it, and I love watching you get braver and braver and climb higher and higher. It's just going to get more fun the older you get but right now you think it's pretty wonderful.






KIDS KINGDOM: A wonderful OUTDOOR play area nearby that is wonderful...Most of it is under the shade of a huge tree which is wonderful cause its been so hot lately and most playgrounds are just OUT THERE in the heat. This place is a kid's dream, as with the indoor play area, and you love to explore the whole thing! I took a few pics of you the other day....









GRAHAM CRACKERS: I just introduced these to you last week and you just can't get enough!! It's very cute. Your new favorite snack.

We went to the Nashville Fair last weekend and you got to see your first cow, donkey, goat, chicken, rooster, pig and sheep! You were a little uncertain, especially with the chickens...(why the chickens? haha) but you still were interested. It's so fun experiencing things with you for the first time. I want you to know that it really thrills me to show you these things, to watch your face as you experience them. Nothing brings me more joy. I look forward to a lifetime of these experiences with you.






Happy 17 month birthday my love! As always, you are growing way too fast but I love, love, love you more every month!! Whether you are awake and running around or fast asleep in your bed, I can't seem to get enough of you. Sometimes I just breathe you in and my heart just tightens I love you so darn much......You will never quite understand this until you have little ones yourself. We'll talk about it someday...:) Well sleep well my love, and know that I love you with my life...

Love, Mommy

No comments: