Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Beautiful Day

Today was a beautiful day. When most people were whining and griping about the dreary, rainy day today, I on the other hand, was reveling in it. I'm not sure exactly what sparked my thankfulness this morning as I drove to a meeting I had at work. It could have been the fact that everywhere I looked the trees were such gorgeous, vibrant colors I could barely take my eyes off of them, or maybe it was just the peacefulness I felt in the foggy and quiet morning. Somehow I just felt that everything was going to be alright with my life, with my future with Caden..... It was a sweet confirmation. I seemed to feel lighter with every mile I drove. The haziness of the day seemed to envelope me with hope instead of the common dreariness. It was strangely unusual but so welcomed by me..... It goes to show that even in the most dreary days, there is always something to be found that one can be thankful for. Which made me start to think of all the things I am thankful for at this time in my life.

I am thankful for God's grace, and His forgiveness.......without it I would be empty and lifeless.

I am thankful for my son.... He is the light of my life and reason I was born.

I am thankful that his father is not a person that I have to worry about fighting with, or being a dead beat dad that won't help or provide....it makes everything so much easier on me.

I am thankful for the most amazing family a girl could ever have.

I am thankful for the beautiful home that I live in.

I am thankful for the joy of laughter, and that I get to exercise that "laugh muscle" all the time.

I am thankful that with all the crazy things I do, that I am able to laugh at myself.

I am thankful for the best friends I ever could have imagined having...for their unending love and support.

I am thankful for this time of year...my favorite.

I am thankful for my adventurous soul, my love of travel and the ability to be silly without caring what people will think.

I am thankful for the way that Caden's smile or laugh can light up my world.

I am thankful for chocolate chip cookie dough, fresh sheets, rainy days, red wine, carrot cake, stylish clothes, shoes, road trips, pizza, PF Changs, (most any food for that matter), my beautiful dogs, and my camera.

Ok, so I'm thankful for a billion other things, but that's just what I came up with now. I hope everyone can have a day of hope and thankfulness like I had today. If you really look deep enough, you'll find it.... Trust me....it's there....

No comments: