Thursday, November 15, 2007

Seven Months!

Hi honey,

Wow....yet another month has rolled by and you are growing bigger still....When I keep saying that I can't believe how fast you are growing, I really mean that I can't believe it! You have been in my world for SEVEN whole months now! Well, technically you have been in my world for 16 months and 6 days, but we won't go into all the scientific details... :) What a whirlwind so far, and so many changes...it seems the older you get, the faster the changes seem to take place...it's as if we've been a snowball that has just gained momentum the further it rolls down the mountain, and life is passing up by in such a flash I want to slow it down to enjoy more....

Changes in you this last month....lets see....well, changing your diaper or trying to put your clothes on has taken on a whole new dimension. I swear, they should make "changing a squirming baby" an Olympic Sport. And I thought I was multi-talented! Try putting pant legs on a seven month old boy who would rather suck his toes, roll over and grab something invisible on the wall or pull his clothes off while you're trying to put them on! Dressing you goes a little something like this....

PANTS: Start to put one leg in the hole of a pair of pants, (legs flailing everywhere, can't get a hold of an individual leg) Finally grab one leg and start to steer it into the pant leg (with much trouble finally get it in...yay!) Now,try to capture the OTHER flailing leg (this one is up on the wall) Grab the
leg and try to imitate last move...almost there...except now the other leg has "mysteriously" maneuvered itself out of the other pant leg. So.....here we are back at square one. Repeat another 5 times.


SHIRTS: Try to grab shirt out of baby's hands (the Vice Grip on this baby cannot even be explained...must be experienced) Pull shirt over head and receive a shower of spit as he decides to blow raspberries. Get ready to pull first arm through the arm hole..(take away stuffed animal he has grabbed so you can get arm through) Start to pull arm through...(attempt to pull the fabric away from his fists as he grabs every bit of sleeve on the way out) Take about 3 minutes doing this and repeat with other sleeve (after you've pulled your OWN shirt or robe out of his hands.)

Needless to say, it's not an easy feat! I pretty much end of laughing every time cause I just can't believe how such a little fella can move, and flip and roll and cause such havoc on a simple changing! We won't even go into where your hands want to roam when I'm changing your not so clean diapers! Ewwww!! My GOSH boy!! Just lay STILL!!!! GEEZ!!!!!!!!! :)

Anyway....we met Tracie and little Alex and went to the zoo today!!! Woo hoo!! Your first zoo visit. Yes, we decided to go on the coldest day Nashville has seen yet this year. Brrrrrr! It was like 45 degrees! Mommy was freezing! But you were nice and toasty....I made sure you were dressed in layers (the Colorado girl in me) and had comfy blankets all around you. You were as snug as a bug in a rug, and a happy little one too! Boy were you vocal today! Getting more and more so as the days go by. It is the cutest, cutest thing EVER. You got to pet a goat and a camel today! You wouldn't let go of the goats horns...I had to pry loose that vice grip again! And the camel should have been protesting with the grip you had on his hair. It was precious, and you were so interested. I'm glad we went.....Most of the animals weren't out cause it was too cold so we will have to go back when it is warmer.

Well, happy seven month birthday honey....I love you more every day and I'm so excited for the next month. See you in the morning my love!!

Love, Mommy

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: