Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Mommy Crocker!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Well my little one....

The time has come where you are no longer eating store bought baby food. Chef "Mommy" is in the house!! :) I have been wanting to make your baby food from day one when you were able to eat solids, but with our crazy lifestyle it just hasn't been possible. I just haven't had the time it takes to turn my kitchen into the "culinary institute that is necessary in the preparation of perfect baby food!" Well the other night the kitchen was buzzing....I steamed some carrots, apples and pears.....cooked some sweet potatoes and squash, and blended everything up in my blender and stored about 2 months worth away in the freezer. Yay!! It was a little time consuming but relatively simple to do. I was anxious to see how you would react to the "new" food since they say that "store bought" baby food has been sweetened so the baby's want more. Well hip hip hooray!!! I've been wanting to do cartwheels all day I'm so excited....You seem to love it even more than your other food!!! (I can't believe all the silly little things I get so much pleasure and excitement from now. Who would have thought I would be ecstatic about baby food? I think I've lost it....) Well, it makes me feel like I'm really doing something good for you and I'm happy for that. You deserve the best little guy, and I'm going to try my best to make that possible for you.

In other news, we are still trying to get this whole "time change" thing perfected. Sheesh!! I swear! Why in the world do we still have to take part in this silly, clock changing procedure? Ok, ok, it was Benjamin Franklin's original idea, and ultimately it saves energy in our world which I guess is a good thing...but I wonder if he had kids when he was thinking up this bright idea? :) Most people can relish the fact that they are going to get ONE extra hour of sleep when the clock falls back...EXCEPT for parents!! It's amazing how one little hour can throw everything into the stratosphere.

As I have mentioned a plethora of times, you are an amazing sleeper....12 or 13 hours a night, but for some reason, when that time change hit, when you would have normally sleep til 7, (so i anticipated 6) you woke up at FIVE!!! Now how is that possible?? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT??? It was weird, and it's been weird ever since. No matter how late I keep you up you have only been sleeping eleven hours since the "change".....which I can't complain cause that is STILL amazing, but what happened? One of those unexplained phenomenons. Hmmm.....maybe one of these days you will catch up. Please? Mommy could use that extra hour....

Anyway....I swear you are getting better looking every day. It's true! You are gorgeous!!! I'm already dreading the girls that will inevitably be swooning over you. You better not give them your phone number cause I'm serious, if they call you I'm going to say they have the wrong phone number! (I'm kidding little guy.....Sort of :) I'm just not going to like the day when other girl type people will be more interesting to you than me. I'm afraid it's not going to be easy on your mom. I promise I will be easy on you though, and try not to embarrass you tooooo much!! :) Just remember....no kissing til your 32! :)

Well, it's late and I'm tired so I am off to cover your face with kisses and head to bed. Can't wait to see that beautiful, happy smile of yours in the morning. Sleep tight my perfect one, and dream of your first words..."mama", "mama", "mama"....I love you!!!

Love, Mommy

2 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

I LOVE the first picture in this post ... absolutely adorable! You need to put that in a frame for sure!

Anonymous said...

You do have an absolutely beautiful baby boy that I've evah seen. Look at those cheeks and curls.