Friday, January 4, 2008

All Diapers are NOT Created Equal

Before I had Caden I had NO clue about the different types of diapers that were available....There were so many different kinds to choose from! The choices can be overwhelming to a new parent. Are all diapers the same? Are the brand names actually that much better than the store brands? Is there a standard sizing that is used on all diapers? How do I know which ones are the best for my needs? A diaper is a diaper is a diaper right???? Uh...WRONG!!!

I had received several different types of diapers as baby shower gifts before the big day... I figured they were all the same thing basically. I mean, why would they sell a diaper that was awful right? I couldn't have been more wrong. How you did I find this out??? DIAPER BLOWOUTS!!! And boy have I had my share....just when I attempt to try a different kind....WHAM! There goes the poo up the back!! :) hehehehe... I have tried many different diapers and discovered, that no, all diapers are definitely not the same. I have tried to pinch my pennies as much as possible with the diapers.....surely they are the same right? It's only the name they are selling!! Right? I tried the Walmart brand...(the WORST of them all in my opinion)...the Sam's Brand....(probably the same thing just named differently)....the Target Brand.....LUVS......HUGGIES...(AWFUL!!!!!)....and nothing comes even close to working as brilliantly as Pampers. I'd spent 100 dollars more to always know that I never have to worry about taking him anywhere and have an embarrassing blowout like in this picture when he was a month old. His first big blowout...... on the day I was taking him to the park to meet his other baby friends from my childbirth class. Everyone was dressed so cute...and so was he...BEFORE "IT" happened. I was shocked and unprepared as a new mom, so our "group" picture ended up looking like I was some redneck chick with the naked baby....LOVELY... A few more of those and I was through with the Walmart diapers!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

So!! I say Pampers is the BEST!!! I've tried many other kinds and it's always something.... Poo up the back, pee out the sides....you name it, We've experienced it!! Oh the joys of motherhood.....:)

I still laugh at one trip I had taken to go see my mom in South Carolina. Caden had fallen asleep in his carseat. When he woke up and I was trying to get him out I couldn't figure out why he was so wet! Ewwwwwwwww! He was COVERED in poo.... Lots and lots of squishy pooooo..... Oh dear God.... I ran to start the bath, as it was not the kind you could just "wet wipe" up.... I was getting the bath ready as my mom tried taking his clothes off. AND THAT'S ANOTHER THING!!!! How in the HECK do you get a child's clothes off when they are covered in CRAP??? Should this be another Olympic Event???? I mean seriously....the poo is smeared alllll up the back of their outfit. How in the WORLD do you get it off without smearing it all over their hair and everywhere else? Takes a pro I tell you....and I was not quite there yet... :) ANYWAY....we attempted to get the outfit off, I was manning the tub and my mom brings him to me smeared in POOOOO and holds him inches from my face saying "Here...take him." Well I start gagging.... I mean, really gagging.... She's laughing and saying "Tiffany! You can't gag! He's your son!" And I say...."I don't care WHO he is! There is POOP two inches from my face!!" We laughed so hard.... What a memorable STINKY moment.... :)

Anyway....enough about POOP...:) We have made it home safely from our Colorado trip...We got in late last night...and as usual, Caden was a PERFECT ANGEL. Gosh I am the luckiest mommy on earth....

I have soooooo much to say, but it is 1am and I am EXHAUSTED!! I have a crazy, busy day tomorrow but hopefully I can write more soon!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl, we've all been there! My worst poo experience was in the Target parking lot. We had a lovely time until we got out to the car and suddenly I notice Brendan's clothes are wet. I hadn't yet realized that it was YELLOW wetness. EWWW! The baby was covered in poo up to his SHOULDERS! The car seat was grossly wet with poo AND it was all over me by the end of it! Of course, that day he was wearing an adorable one piece outfit and I couldn't figure out how to get it over his head without smearing poo ALL OVER HIM! People were walking by staring as I kept screaming "Oh My God!" "EWWW Gross!" Needless to say he had to ride home in nothing but a diaper, sitting on his blankie in the car seat. I've never seen so much poop in my life!