Monday, January 21, 2008

My Mother's Day Out

For those of you subscribed, you'll need to go to the actual site to see the video I have put on here!!!

My sweet little guy,

Gosh I keep getting so far behind in writing! You sure keep me busy little guy! I feel like I never stop!! You are a non-stop groovin machine!! And because of that......I've needed a tiny bit of a break so I have started a "Mother's Day Out Program." Most local churches offer this program for stay at home moms to have a little bit of a break every week to get things done ie shopping, cleaning, personal things. I on the other hand, would mainly need it for work. I just can't seem to get it all done!!! I'm tired of being up til midnight every night trying to catch up, and being exhausted the next day because of it. Its been a vicious cycle for awhile now and I knew that something was going to have to give, so that you could have the full, awake ME... :) I heard about this program and I was so relieved. For two days a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays, I can take you to this church program from 9-2 and I can be free to do what I need to! When I went to check this place out I was soooo relieved. What an awesome place!! There were murals all over the walls, fun kids stuff, and an environment of happiness. The people there made me feel comfortable from the moment I walked in (THANK GOD) and I was immediately put at ease. I had really stressed about leaving you with people I didn't know......and when I met the two women in your infant room I just loved them. This was going to be a good thing for both of us!! So....this last Thursday, you went for the first time. I dropped you off at 9am, choked the tears back as I walked away and came back home. It was SOOOO wierd being back home without you. That hasn't happened since you were born! It just felt strange. I kept thinking you were taking a nap or something. I missed you so much. I jumped into my work though, and the hours just flew by. I couldn't believe how much I accomplished in those five hours. More than I usually do in a week! I was THRILLED!!! I only called once to check on you, and you were sleeping. Good!! I went to pick you up and you were asleep again, right on schedule. They were so impressed with how good you were, and how much of a "clockwork" baby you are...right on schedule with everything! They loved how you were such a good eater, and how attentive you were!

I had told the ladies watching you that you weren't crawling quite yet, but that you maneuvered yourself around pretty well, and they said "Give him a few days, and after watching some of these other babies crawling, he will be too." Well......that VERY NIGHT....you wanted something and started PULLING yourself across the floor! You were definitely doing something different!! I was so amazed!! I caught some of it on video......here it is....



So that was Thursday..... Today is Monday, and you just crawled for the VERY FIRST TIME!! You just got your little knees up, stuck that little booty in the air and took off for like 10 feet!! It was soooo awesome!! I ran to get the video camera, but of course you wouldn't do it again.... BUMMER!! I'll catch you sometime this week. I'm sure tomorrow you will get plenty more pointers from the other babies!! IF we end up going.....You didn't feel so hot today. I think you might be getting a cold? You were up alot last night, and sounded really congested. Today your little nose was running...awe.... :( and you were quite fussy. NOT an easy day. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I love you my sweetness.....Sleep better tonight ok????

Love, Mommy

No comments: