Sunday, March 30, 2008

Caden's First "REAL" Haircut

Hi my precious little man...

So yesterday you had your first official haircut!! Don't get me wrong...this is not the first time that mop of yours has been cut. I've attempted to attack is several times with my scissors, but I have to admit I have done quite the "hack job" on a few occasions. It was time for the REAL DEAL. Oh my gosh I couldn't have imagined you being any more precious. You blew me away. I had no idea what to expect really...I knew you wouldn't cry or anything, but I expected you to want to get down off that chair and walk around. You definitely DO NOT want to sit still these days for ONE second! :)

We sat you in a booster seat on the chair, put a cape around your neck and the lady gave you a blue sucker. It was pretty much your first sucker ever. You licked on a Valentine's sucker a tiny bit, but this was your first full force sucker experience. BOY DID YOU LOVE THAT!!! Holy cow you were tearing that thing UP!!! :) And you never even touched the stick!! You seemed completely oblivious of every cut that lady took. You were just so enthralled with chomping that sucker you were a total angel. Truly couldn't have been better. I was just so amazed and thrilled watching you. It was one of my first big bursts of pride in you. I'm always amazed with you everyday, but this was just so sweet.... Most babies cry their brains out their first haircut. Not my munchkin......Give him a sucker and he's in heaven!! I took several pictures of your experience to share...and even a video! You were clapping right before she started cutting your hair like you were so excited! We were laughing so hard....In the video, this is how you were the ENTIRE time of your haircut...What a doll you are.







Speaking of haircuts.....your not the only one who has had one recently. Your mommy has finally taken the plunge she's been threatening for years now and chopped all of her hair off! I still feel like I am wearing a wig at times cause it is so foreign to me. I have never had short hair before!! AND....I went lighter again. Can't help it, I'm a blonde at heart. I really love it though....it's definitely fun and young!





Every morning I give you a bottle when you wake up and then I sit you down in your little chair that you love and you watch about 5 minutes of a series of Nursery Rhymes with little kids singing and playing around. It's a free program on Cable and you absolutely LOVE it. You are so intent on that TV and what those kids are doing. You don't seem to care for anything animated thus far....you interest is quickly distracted. It's the KIDS that you love. Your eyes never leave that screen. I only give you 5 min a day and I sit next to you, hold your hand, and let you wake up slowly. It's a fun little tradition we have every morning. I want to start lots of fun traditions with you over the years. I look forward to making everything fun and exciting for you. Here you are in your little chair....



Sleep well my love...can't wait to hold you tomorrow...

Love, Mommy

No comments: