Monday, March 31, 2008

Lots of Not So Fun Tests

So tomorrow is my big day at Vanderbilt Hospital for all my testing and I'm getting a tad bit nervous. I've had health issues here and there in the past, and definitely my fair share of problems since having Caden,but I've seemed to push through it ok. This last episode has been the only time that I've actually been scared. Scared of what my future could potentially hold. Although there is no proven link of MS being genetic, I have all the signs that my father had before he was diagnosed at my age. This will be the second time that I have gotten Optic Neuritis.... My dad got it twice. Also, my MRI showed white spots that they were unsure of....that is what my dad's MRI's show. So...I am just praying that this is a fluke thing, and that I will be the 60% of people who have gotten it to never get diagnosed with this disease and that it is just something that stress induced instead.

I go at 1pm tomorrow....alone AGAIN for these tests...I hate that. Last time I had to do this I was alone and cried the whole 3 hours it was so painful. So...needless to say I am not looking forward to this. I've had WAY too much physical pain these last two weeks between IV treatments, massive headaches and nausea. I want to get this out of the way but I'm dreading being alone too.... yuck yuck. :(

The doctor said that we'll know the results in about 7-10 days and based on those results he will determine if I need another Spinal Tap done or not. Shoot me now if that happens...I can't even talk about THAT pain.

It's going to be a busy, busy month!!! My appointment tomorrow... my mom gets back in a couple days from Hawaii to stay for a few days.... Caden and I leave on my birthday, April 9th, to go to Fort Collins, Colorado for 6 days to see my Dad and my step-mom....Can't wait!!.....I have a closing on the 14th.....Caden's birthday is on the 15th!....a closing on the 16th....Caden's birthday party will be on the 19th!....I am having my second surgery on my bladder on the 21st....yes, yet another wonderful thing I look forward to. :( and then I have a few weeks to recover. FUN FUN!! So tomorrow starts a CRAZY month!!! Lot's of things to look forward to though, so that's good.

So anyway...those of you who read this silly blog of mine, please pray for me tomorrow...I'm having a hard time feeling good about this and I'm just a bit scared. Just need a little peace.... I know that no matter what the results are, that God will take care of me. I know that.... I just worried. Thank you all for your wonderful support. I am one lucky, lucky girl......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love you and if I was closer I would be right there by your side.