Friday, January 30, 2009

20 & 21 Months


Hi precious,

This has been the first time I have been behind on your monthly updates, so I am squeezing in two at a time. I can't BELIEVE how much you have grown the last two months! You've grown out of your crib, (or CLIMBED out, I should say) given up your pacifiers, (we just told you to say "bye, bye" to them, and you did without looking back!) and you've learned to say more and more words. You are soooooo, sooooooo smart little one. It's just shocking, and wonderful!! :) I am one proud mommy... :)

You weigh 26 1/2 pounds right now and have actually lost a pound since last month. What's the deal buddy? You used to eat like a little piglet, but you've tapered off a bit and remained JUST as active. I guess that combo will thin you out a bit. All of your pants just HANG off of you unless they have that wonderful "adjustable waist" feature. You are 21 months now and 18 month pants are huge on you. Ideally you would fit in 12 months, but then they are high waters!!! What to do with you boy? :) I guess I'm just glad you're not a little chunky monkey....you got through that phase!


THINGS YOU LOVE RIGHT NOW:

SAYING "HI" TO EVERYONE IN SIGHT: Your personality is sooo adorable. The first picture on this post just says it all. You are such a little ham. You say hi to everyone you meet, and if they don't say hi back you keep on saying it until they do. Even when they do say hi, you still like to say it a few more times just to make sure they really understood that you wanted to say HI! My little social man....I'm so glad. :)

PLAYING HIDE AND SEEK (so to speak): You love chasing me OR your daddy around the house to and letting us jump out and scare you. You laugh so hard... We do it over and over until we're just too exhausted to run anymore! I swear, you could probably go all day.

FRUIT SNACKS: I really have to limit you on these....I think you would give up all food just to eat these little things. You get so excited before you eat each one!

THE MOVIE "THE BARNYARD": Up until about 2 weeks ago, you wouldn't watch anything that was animated. I tried many times to introduce you but you just didn't care. I was soooo sick of the little kid shows you watched I was just DYING for something new, but couldn't convert you. We happened across this movie and you will watch nothing else now. It's a really cute movie and you dance all over the place while watching it....Wonder how long it will take me to get you to watch anything else?

BOOKS: You love them! And I'm so glad!! You get soooo animated when we are reading them....it is so very funny. It's wonderful that you are interested, and you have SUCH a good memory. You amaze me every day buddy. :)



THINGS YOU DON'T LIKE:


LOTS OF AFFECTION: It's a tough thing (except for the 20 minutes after naptime) to get any hugs or kisses out of you. We practically have to bribe you to show us some love. You are just so independent these days and want to just be moving and running all the time. You just NEVER slow down!

Can't think of anything else for now....you are just pretty much happy with most everything!!!

Can't wait to add more fun stuff about you. I love you my big boy!!

Love, Mommy

No comments: