Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Buttons and Beans


So I was having a conversation with my dear childhood friend Hilarie the other day that inspired this post. She was talking about how her son Brendan has been sticking things up his nose lately, and I was telling her that Caden was more of an ear boy for now. What is the DEAL with kids wanting to put things in holes that should be exit only? I mean seriously! As we were talking, she told me how when she was little, that she got a bean stuck up her nose and had to go to the ER to get it out. Well....I started laughing because one of the first vivid memories that I have of my childhood was when I was three and I was standing in the hallway with my mom hovering over me with tweezers cause I had shoved a stupid BEAN up my nose! What a great first memory huh? I recall one of my brothers sticking a button up an orifice as well, and as I have talked to a few people in the last few days they have mentioned similar stories.

So my question is......WHERE THE HECK DID WE GET ALL THESE BUTTONS AND BEANS? I mean seriously? How come these things were laying around anyway? Did parents of our generation not "childproof" things as well as we do now, or were these things we pulled of toys? Somebody help me out here....! :) Mom? hehehehe

Tell me about any stories you may have of sticking things up your nose or in your ears....I'd love to hear! Caden......don't be doing this!!! LOL

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you know Tiff parents these days are helicopter parents they hover. Our parents didn't do that, they let us figure stuff out on our own. We played outside with no supervision, we got to sit on their lap and drive the car, we walked to school, we chewed gum, we stuck things up our nose, it was more fun.

Daniel said...

I swallowed a penny.... I think that was it for our family. My boys haven't discovered this wonderful tradition and I couldn't be more grateful! I have a friend whose son stuck a bb in his ear and had to go to ER.... joys of boys!!!