Saturday, January 31, 2009

I HEART Facebook

The many pieces of me stare back at me on just one page.

Kindergarten friends. Elementary friends. Neighborhood friends. Cousins I didn't get to spend much time with. High school best friends. College cohorts. People I worked with from near and far.

Best friends.

Past boyfriends.

Old Teachers.

Childhood Pastors.

Each night, after we tuck Caden into bed,(and a few minutes here and there during the day) I climb onto my couch, flip open my laptop, for what I call Facebooking time. It's when I get to reconnect with people from my past and my present all in one sitting. It's beautiful in a way, because with each facet of friendship and connection, I pick up the pieces of the woman I am with each face and each memory.
And, as I learn things about all of these people, I am learning that we're all as much alike as we are different.

We're all new and old and learning together. I've rekindled girlfriend relationships, and even rebuilt a bridge over troubled waters. It's been more than worth it to be a part of this silly, yet somehow meaningful connection. There are definitely signs that we're aging, yes, but that we're essentially who we've always been.

So yes, I admit it....I'm thankful for Facebook and the sanity and escape it gives me throughout my days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully put!