Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Estes Park Fun

Hey my little monkey,

You are dreaming away right now so I thought I would steal some time and write a little something about the first few days of our Colorado Trip. I didn't really have any internet access while we were gone, so I couldn't write to you! But....I will be catching up in the next week. I have lots and lots to write and share!

We headed out to Colorado last week to visit family and I was a little nervous how you would do on the plane as it was a 3 hour flight. You haven't always been an angel on many recent flights...as I have shared in a previous blog...Yikes! However, you were PERFECT. A total angel...and soooo entertaining to not only us, but everybody.

You are sooo huge on saying hi to everyone right now, and boy do you say hi! If someone doesn't say hi back to you right away, you just keep on saying it until they do....soooo stinkin' cute. The cutest thing is that you don't quite say "HI"...it's more like "I" without the "h". "I". "I". "I". Adorable. And boy do you milk it....it's like you KNOW you make people just melt when you come up and say that. You walked up and down the aisles of the plane saying "I" to every person you saw. You didn't miss a soul, leaning your head to the person by the window and yelling "I" to them too. People were just laughing and laughing at how cute you were. We had people come up to us after the flight saying "Thanks for the entertainment!" You definitely keep everyone smiling.....mostly your mommy.... :)

Your Gramma and Grampa picked us up from the airport in Denver and we headed up the mountain to Estes Park to hang out for a couple days. I used to spend a LOT of time there growing up and was excited to show you and your daddy my "stompin' grounds." :) Unfortunately is was SOOOOOOOOOOOO FREEZING cold while we were up there, that we weren't able to do much outdoors. BRRRRRRR!!! We DID go to the Stanley Hotel (where The Shining was filmed, and Dumb and Dumber) and we walked around there for a bit.....we also attempted to find a couple GeoCaches....which we DID find...but almost lost our whole BODIES to hypothermia it was so cold! The wind almost KILLED us.....seriously...I almost saw my life passing before my eyes cause I could just see the Headlines....DEATH BY WIND! :) It was really awful. So... we headed INDOORS and basically hunkered down for the next couple days.

It was so great to see your Grandparents and we had a lot of fun playing and having funny conversations.... (8:04!) Maybe someday I'll tell you what that means....(a little inside joke..but I know two people who are laughing as they read this!) Your grampa took some great pictures of you while we were there and I'm soooo mad that we didn't take any pictures of you WITH them! What were we thinking!!?? Or NOT thinking obviously? Bummer..... Our time was so shortlived, but we had a lot of fun... You even got to see your cousin Ian! It was sooo good to see Chris, Kristina and Ian.

We hope to see your grandparents again in the spring.....We love you Dad and Beth!!

Thanks for being such a good traveler little boo..... I'll write more about the rest of our trip tomorrow.....

Goodnight sweetness,
Love, Mommy























Those last pics....TOTALLY not my idea....wasn't a part of that one!!! :)

No comments: