Monday, January 26, 2009

Colorado Trip Part 2

Hi my little perfect one,

I wanted to finish writing about our wonderful Colorado trip! You got to do some really fun things and it was so exciting to have you there with me... and to take your daddy for the first time! He absolutely LOVED Colorado and decided it was one of his new favorite places to go! I was thrilled because I would have been sad if he didn't like it as much as I did! You, my dear, seemed to love the snow...you mostly just wanted to EAT it like your nana taught you!

One of the fun things we did was go to a local sledding hill and SLED, SLED, SLED!! I wasn't sure on the way down the first time if you were thrilled or freaking out inside, but when we got to the bottom you threw your arms up and yelled in excitement!! So....YAY! Your daddy couldn't quite get the sledding thing right this trip...he kept turning around backwards or falling over with you. I thought it was pretty darn hilarious. :) Why do I always laugh at people's unfortunate situations? I'm so bad.... Don't be like your mommy....Show some mercy. :) There was a neat little igloo at the sledding hill, and some other fun things, so we had fun pictures to take! Here are some fun pictures from our sledding day.... Your Aunt Dawnie got you the cutest bibs, boots and ski jacket EVER! You were adorable.....and bundled up!!















Your Uncle Matty and his fiance Lesley were up in the mountains with us too, so we got to spend some time with them. It was great! We got a few pics of you with your Uncle Matty....it was great that he got to see you again!





Ok...so biggest news of all!!!!! You got to ski!!!!!!!!! You actually got to put on the cutest little boots and skis that I've ever seen and ski! There is a little area by the lift that has a little moving conveyor belt/sidewalk that you ride up and then ski down. You were in LOVE with that little moving sidewalk, (go figure) and enjoyed the ride... with the skis and without. You lasted about 15 minutes on the skis...which I figured...and then you just enjoyed riding that thing up again and again. You were precious and I was just happy for you to get the feel of it all. I accidentally lost all the video coverage...(makes me so sick I could cry..but I'm trying to get it recovered) but I have a few pics!!! Good job Caden!! I was soooo proud of you!!! I can't WAIT to take you skiing with me when you get bigger!! Your daddy also learned to ski too, and he did so well! He didn't even fall believe it or not!










You had some sweet moments with your nana.....you actually FELL ASLEEP on her while she was telling you stories of what she would want to do with you in Australia..it was so cute...and great for me! You've never even done that with ME! :)



You had lots of fun with your nana and got to spend some great time with her while your daddy and I went off to play and ski.... Thank you for always being so good...and so easy to travel with... You never throw a fit or make things difficult. There never was a prouder mommy than me. I love you.... I love you... I love you..... Thanks for making my Colorado trip a wonderful one....

Love, Mommy

No comments: