Tuesday, July 15, 2008

15 Months, My baby is 15 Months....



Holy Moly little one, you are FIFTEEN months old today!! I can hardly believe it. Every month I say I can't believe that you are older, but geez, you are really getting big!!

I'm so exhausted that this post won't be very long....sorry, your mommy can't be superwoman EVERYDAY! I just want you to think so! LOL Anyway, you are so full of energy, like never before, and just in to EVERYTHING.... Your daddy has nicknamed you the "Tasmanian Devil" and he is just so right on!! Hehehehe.... You are so fast, get into so many things, and leave a trail behind you. You act like some little guy on crack sometimes you are so wound up!! It makes me giggle just thinking of it now. How in the world do you have so much energy? A total stranger would think I just stuffed sugar down your throat all day long! And besides a fruit and the occasional yogurt, I DON'T!!! Man....all I can say is that you are wearing me out!! Whew! But I'm having a blast....no complaints here my love....everyday gets more and more fun with you.

Communication has gotten alot easier with you, and definitely more exciting. Although you still aren't talking except for the occasional "ball," "car," and "mama, dada," you definitely understand everything we say. Everything. You just get it, and you respond accordingly. I'm just waiting for the day that you will just start talking in full sentences. I sure wouldn't be surprised! You have mastered alot of the sign language I have taught you and know how to tell me what you want...when you are hungry, when you want more, when you want milk...etc.. It is so amazing to me!!! Gosh you fascinate me....I LOVE YOU!!!

You LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to be outside....you just can't get enough...and I'm glad about that, don't get my wrong, but geez.....it's over the top!! I can't ALWAYS be outside with you munchkin, and when I need for us to go indoors you would think that I have KILLED YOU!! You roll up in a ball and just sob, sob, sob.... Could almost break my heart, but it just makes me laugh instead to think that something that small could be so big for you. You poor baby...if only you knew REAL stress....I hope that I can shield you from that for as long as I can. I don't ever want you to sob for a "real reason." God I hate the thought of that. Makes me feel bad for all the times I put my parents through that.... I've cried way too many times and that had to hurt them too... Let's not do that ok??

You love to step on everything.... toys, clothes, rocks, anything you can step on. It's like you think you're macho or something... :) More than that, you love to CLIMB things...and I mean LOVE. You'll climb on one of your push toys and just giggle so hard like you are the coolest. It just makes me laugh so hard...until I worry about you falling off. :) You are already becoming so independent!!

For the first time ever you have actually started "cuddling" and I am in heaven. After you afternoon nap, we cuddle on the couch watching your little show and you just lay on me and let me tickle your back. It is by far the favorite part of my whole day. Holding you is pure bliss, and I want to breath you in for as long as I can....

You eat like a horse, laugh like an angel, move like a bull in a china cabinet, and steal my heart every day. Thank you for making my life so worth living.....

I love you my fifteen monther...

Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I have said before, you show me in every single one of your blogs the true meaning of being a mommy. That as stressful as it can be, you love every second of it. You cherish your baby and you truly see the blessings in even the hard parts. I know lots of women that love their babies. But you honestly have shown me the the absolute only way to view motherhood and raising a child. I want to cherish my baby like you cherish Caden. I want to see the beautiful in all of it, even the hard stuff. From the first second he was in your arms, there has never been a part that you spoke negatively about. You can just tell how blessed you feel to be his mother! I take note in everything you do and I am always commenting to other mothers about it. Thank you for giving me a road to follow and for giving me such a wonderful perspective to strive for even before I am blessed with a baby!

Love you girlie...Kive Caden a smooch for me!

Anonymous said...

he is such a cutie! I can't believe my "baby" is almost 8 now! Time flies.....