Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I Miss My Belly

I know it's crazy...and believe me, people tell me I'm crazy all the time, but I miss being pregnant.... I went to a kid's consignment sale this evening and was surrounded by pregnant women and it made me almost cry cause I missed that time!!

Most women I talk to hated being pregnant, couldn't wait til it was over and just wanted to get that baby out. My experience was just so different. Don't get me wrong, I had my moments here and there that weren't the easiest, and those last few weeks were tough. I was definitely ready to just have him outside... I remember being in tears a few times after I had tried everything to bring on his birth, walking, RUNNING, doing jumping jacks, eating Eggplant Parmesan...all the old "wives tale" things you hear. Nothing worked....he was LATE LATE!!! Even though I was almost insane at that point I still knew then that I was going to miss my belly and all the things that it had become for me. I had gotten to experience the miracle of a life inside of me.... I knew I would miss the anticipation I felt every day of his arrival. What was he going to look like? Was he going to have blue eyes? Brown? Green? Would he have any hair? How would it be like? Would it be love at first sight? Being pregnant humbled me in more ways than one and made me look at the world in a whole different way.... I wasn't the only one experiencing joys and hurts, and I wanted to reach out more than ever before. My belly made me more dependant on God and His love and forgiveness in my life....thank goodness that I have that.

God blessed me with an amazing pregnancy and birth....I couldn't have asked for a better one, and I feel that I grew, (in more ways that ONE! :) from that experience. Plus, I got the most amazing treasure from that pregnancy....a boy that I fall in love with more every day. What a miracle pregnancy is. It is nice to have a fairly flat tummy, but still.....I miss my belly..... (sigh)



3 comments:

Angela said...

Tiffany, you left a comment on my blog not long ago, and I just had to return the favor and say, "yes, you are crazy!" No, I'm kidding. I think it's wonderful you enjoyed your pregnancy. I pretty much disliked every second of all 3 of mine, especially the last one. (I was taking 5 shots a day for gestational diabetes--3 of which were in my belly!) Love the results though!!

I love your blog. Keep blogging.

Angela

Anonymous said...

I miss being pregnant too! I miss the little hiccups, the kicks and wiggles. I miss all the attention - strangers stopping to ask about my pregnancy and holding doors open for me, my husband having to hoist me up off of the sofa and tie my shoes for me. I miss it all!

Anonymous said...

And not to mention that you did have a rather beautiful belly...