Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th of July in Toto Land!

Hi monkey,

Whew!! We are back from Kansas where I was without a phone AND Internet. I hated not being able to write, but we had such a great time it was worth it. As always, we had lots and lots of laughs. It was soooo wonderful to see my Aunt JoAnn and my cousin Dawn and her girls Hayley and Hannah. I have wanted you to meet them so much! I've missed my Aunt so much.... My cousin Dawn is so beautiful and funny, and her girls are just ADORABLE. I enjoyed them so much....and so did you!! They were so good with you.... Your Nana Nana & Papa Papa were there as well...It was just nice to be around family. I'm envious of that they get to live so close to each other. I would give anything if I could live close to my family too. :(

Anyway, the reason we ended up in Kansas over the 4th was because your Nana needed to drive there from Nashville, and didn't know how to drive 10 hours on her own. She has always been bad about driving long distances. She needs a nap after an hour! :) So....I decided that we would drive her there and fly back a few days later. It was a great opportunity to see the rest of the family that you hadn't met yet. I was pretty nervous about driving that far with you in your "I don't want to sit still phase" but you did wonderfully.

My Aunt JoAnn's house is situated on 6 FLAT acres of Heaven.... It is so beautiful and was just so perfect for you. You could roam and roam and I didn't have to worry about you falling down on sloped driveways, or curbs, or running into the street. It was stress-free, that's for sure! I could have left you outside for 10 min at a time and known that you were perfectly fine playing. Made me wish our house was located in a place like that! Every waking moment you were up, you were outside.... You swam, played on the trampoline, explored the grass, threw rocks, sat on the tractor, rode on the riding lawn mower, and just plain had a good time. You were even part of a little 4th of July Parade! You were tuckered out at the end of each day for sure!

We spent a lot of time relaxing at the pool and getting some nice sun. It was just a nice few days. You were a total angel the entire time. I couldn't have asked for you to be any better. You even did fine on the plane ride home....and I swore I wouldn't take you on a plane for a lot longer..How did I get so lucky to have you?? I love you so stinkin' much!!! :)

Love, Mommy






























No comments: