Monday, August 18, 2008

Lions and Tigers and Bears... OH MY!


My little love,

You are sound asleep in dreamland and I'm missing you so much right now. You're lucky I don't wake you up sometimes! :)

So yesterday we went to the Nashville Zoo for a few hours. What fun we had! Gosh I love that place.....I think you do too, but you're still so young to know where we are and what we are seeing so much. The day will come that you will be asking me to go...AGAIN :) It's just a great place for you to run all around in a beautiful setting, mostly shaded, and just explore. I think it is so beautiful there. We had fun with you little guy. We saw Elephants, Giraffes, Monkeys, Wild Birds, Meer Kats, Wild Pigs and more. The Monkeys were fascinating as they were screeching and squawking like I've never heard before! I didn't know they did that!! Almost sounded like a siren at times!! They made me giggle.. :) I don't know what it is, but I just LOVE monkeys. I could have watched them all day. I recorded them.....here it is...and you and your daddy watching them...






You went on your very first Carousel ride yesterday!! You seemed just mesmerized with everything. You were looking at every animal around you (you were on the giraffe first) and it was just cute to watch you. It was hard to tell what you were thinking by watching your face. You neither smiled nor complained. It was like a blank canvas. However, when the ride was over and I had to take you off, you started SOBBING. You did NOT want to get off. So.....we got another token and rode one more time. This time with the monkey. :) How fun was that??? Even for mommy. I only remember ever riding a carousel ONCE at Elitch Gardens in Denver, Colorado. I'm sure I went on more than that, but that was the only time I remember, so it was fun experiencing it with you. Everything is more fun experiencing it with you. I get to do all the fun things again!! You make me smile.... Here we are riding the carousel!






Amazingly it has been the nicest August here in Nashville that I have ever seen. Such perfect weather this past 10 days or so. So unusual for this month. This is usually the most miserable month of the year. Lately though it has stayed in the high 70's to low 80's during the day and almost cold at night. I have LOVED it!! When we went to the zoo in June, it was 97 degrees. SOOOO hot I couldn't hang in there long. I'm sorry, but I am not part Mexican like you! :) Anyway, yesterday was wonderful compared to our last trip. You had a blast running all over the place and exploring the zoo. They have the little "petting zoo area" and I caught some cute pics of you petting and eyeing those little goats. Cute, cute.


I look forward to many more trips with you to the zoo, and to other fun places. Thanks for being the most fun little guy I've ever met!! I love you!!!

Love, Mommy















and then of course, you at the end of the day on the way home.....

No comments: