Monday, August 11, 2008

The Sound of Your Voice

My dearest little talker,

You have become more and more verbal as of late. You walk around with my cell phone pressed to your ear just babbling away. Nothing makes sense to us, but to you it is quite a conversation. :) You've started doing the cutest thing as you hold the phone. Apparently you have seen me use my phone without holding it, smooshed in the crook of my neck, and you have adopted this stance. You shove the phone into your neck with your arm straight out in front of you holding the phone close to your face. So funny that you pick up on those little things. Cute, cute, cute. My gosh I love you....you are so smart!!

We were taking our friend Chuck to the airport the other day and you were in the back seat just observing everything that we passed when all of the sudden you yelled "TRUCK!" at the top of your lungs and scared us to death!! It was the first time you had ever said that word and you just repeated it over and over again. I wanted to crawl over the seats and just eat you up! Soooooo cute when you say that word. Later that day we were outside when the UPS Truck came barreling down the road and again you screamed "TRUCK!!!!!" You were shaking you were so excited!! Boy do you love trucks. :)

I can't wait to hear what your little voice would sound like when you really learn how to talk. I'm so impatient for that! I hear you say one word at a time, but I really can't wait to hear your sweet, sweet voice talking to me.

I've been going through collections of old photos from the first year of your life, and I am amazed at how much you have changed, and how much you have changed me. I am truly head over heels for you. There are very simple times that I'm with you, like when I'm snuggling with you on the couch or watching you read a book to yourself on the floor, or just seeing your cute little feet, when the feeling that comes over me is not unlike how it was when I was a kid walking through the gates at an amusement park knowing that I was going to have the most awesome, most memorable day. And it's not the feeling of riding the roller coaster or being allowed to eat an entire bag of cotton candy, it's the feeling before all that. It's the excitement, the anticipation, the general sense of being in one of my favorite places. You are my favorite place, and my favorite love. My heart is forever and eternally yours.....

I love you,

Love, Mommy





No comments: