Saturday, August 9, 2008

Mamma Mia!

Hello my little man,

So I've had ABBA songs running through my mind this last couple weeks and I can't seem to turn them off! I've been playing them in the car and subjecting you to the beat. You seem to love them as much as I do...good boy!! I promise I won't make you watch musicals with me but I secretely hope you will want to!! :)

When your Aunt Kara was in town recently for a visit we decided to go out and see a movie. Anyway, we decided to go see Mamma Mia!, a movie based off the Broadway musical, which is a story told using ABBA songs. By the time you read this you will be very familiar with ABBA. People either love or hate ABBA. You are lucky enough to live with an ABBA admirer.

I had seen the production Mamma Mia twice before, but this was a first for the movie. Oh Lord, child, but it was so fun. I watched all those people running around an island, flinging their arms this way and that, belting out music whenever the mood hit, and I kept thinking, “This is what life is about.” I have always said I think we should break out in song when the mood hits, and I am known to do that at times. :) Anyway, there were times that I had tears in my eyes because I was so overjoyed. You gotta love that feeling.

Speaking of tears, at one point in the movie there is a song about a mom reflecting on loving her daughter throughout the years and how time was slipping away. Even though you aren't a girl, I was touched by the meaning. I was CHOKING back tears. Pass the Kleenex. I swear, I am so sappy.

Meryl Streep is amazing and fantastic, Christine Baranski may be my new hero, and Pierce Brosnan CANNOT sing...Good Lord man, just keep your mouth shut and let us look at you. Don't ruin it by attempting to sing!! Anyway, it really was just so fun to get out, see a feel good movie and sing all the songs! Thanks for putting up with the ABBA songs honey!!

Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My girls love the music too. They love Honey, Honey...Mamma Mia and Lacis favorite....Dancing Queen....

The movie was great...Miss you

Anonymous said...

Okay, men do not and never will go to see Mama Mia and when your son grows to be a young man, please do not submit him to such abuse. Ha, Ha. Submitting him to Abba music is terrible. I am calling Family and Children Services.