Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Longest Walk....

Hi my sweetness,

You are tucked away in bed and actually snoring a little! I just checked on you and actually crawled into your crib just to be close to you and hear you snore. I woke you up though...oops! You sat up and looked at me like, "what the heck are you doing in my crib mom?" hehehe.... I got out and off to la la land you went again. I'm sure you'll never remember the crazy things your mommy will do just to be close to you. I miss you tonight...

So, I've mentioned many times how much you adore being outdoors all the time. If I could put your crib out there at night to sleep I'm sure you'd be in heaven.... :) You just don't like to be inside!! Anyway, since you've become quite the walker we go on lots of walks, and whether it's just here on our street or from the grocery store to the parking lot your walks pretty much follow the same outline. It makes me laugh so I put together a little commentary explaining what its like to take a walk with you...

1. Take 5 steps

2. Stop and point to a rock that is stuck in a crack in the sidewalk.

3. Get really excited about that rock and try getting it out.

4. Get it out of the crack and put it in your mouth.

5. Shut your mouth as tight as possible as mom tries to pry it out.

6. Rock is out, take 5 more steps.

7. See a blade of grass all by itself on the sidewalk.

8. Act like that blade of grass is the COOLEST thing you've ever seen.

9. Pick it up, (of course) inspect it fully, and put it in your mouth.

10. Mom's not too worried about grass, so she leaves you alone as you walk 5 more steps.

11. Hear an airplane. Start SCREAMING in excitement and pointing at the sky.

12. Fall over backwards cause you're trying to watch the plane go over your head.

13. Cry a little and have mom sit on the ground with you to kiss your boo boo.

14. Ok, getting on with your walk....take 5 more steps.

15. FREAK OUT cause the mailman is coming down the street. (and he's still 10 houses away)

16. Start waving both hands furiously at him and stand there and just STARE as he stops at every house until he gets to where you are.

17. Say hi and then take 5 more steps.

18. Oh!!! Another rock!! This is a HUGE deal! Pick it up of course

19. Repeat step 5. :)

20. Start RUNNING for about 10 steps...making progress!

21. Totally wipe out on the sidewalk.

22. Repeat step 13.

23. Take 5 steps and see a bug crawling on the sidewalk.

24. Follow it 10 steps the opposite way we are going.

25. Repeat all these steps over and over and over for a wonderful walk with mommy!!

Aren't walks fun???? I'm not quite sure why mom's eye has been twitching today...



So anyway, even though you can be exhausting for your mommy, I wouldn't trade one single walk with you for anything. You really make me see the world, even our own street, through a child's eyes.... and I'm liking that a lot. Thank you. I love you dearly!!! Miss you...

Love, Mommy

No comments: