Monday, May 26, 2008

Fun In Mexico!!! (Sort of )

Well, we´ve been here in Mexico for four days and I have been a basket case for three of them. Stress, Stress, Stress!! Not what I envisioned my Vacation to start out as being! I´ts ok now though and things are starting to get much better. I am paying 5 bucks for half an hour right now to write this, so I´m not sure how far I´ll get on this blog.....

It all started on our way here. Our flight left at 6am and from past experience we knew to be at the airport bright and early. We got there at 3:30am. We were standing in line before 4am when the ticket counter opened and were STILL standing there at 5:30 am. YOU do the math. For SOME reason they were all messed up cause we had a baby with us and we were going out of the country.???? Like they´ve never encountered that before??? We´ve already done this before. Caden has his passport. WHAT SEEMS to be the problem? Well, the only way that they would issue us tickets if for us to pay 250.00 for a ticket for Caden. Uh....HELLO!!! He is a BABY! Sitting on our laps!! He´s supposed to be FREE!!?? Nope...had to pay. Last time we didn´t pay ANYTHING. We talked to other people on our flight that had a babies and they didn´t pay. I was so fired up in that line....asked to speak to the supervisor and he still stood by that crazy woman helping us. You can bet I´m going to do some SERIOUS complaining....and I´ve never done that before. Anyway......we BARELY made our flight, and I mean BARELY... I had that Supervisor hold that flight I was so mad, and thank God he did or we wouldn´t have made it.

We had two hours to Houston and two hours to Leon, and it was just a tiring, tiring trip. Caden is just at the age where he wants to WALK, WALK, WALK and he didn´t like being confined so much. It was the most difficult flight to date with him. Ah the joys......We finally made it and Caden got to see his Grandparents, both his Aunts and Uncles and his little cousin Sergio. What fun! It was nice to see how happy they were to see him. Pure and utter joy. I hate that they don´t get to be a big part of his life cause there is alot of love there for him.

I had a dentist appointment that late afternoon as I have needed a Root Canal for quite sometime now and haven´t been able to afford to do so as it has been quoted to me twice as being 1,000.00 to have done. Sheesh! I have way more priorities right now! I knew it was so much less here, so I went to Gerardo's family dentist and he has to give me local anesthesia to take off the BAD crown that my dentist had put on to see what was underneath and prep me for my root canal that I would have the next day. (Supposodly my crown went bad said my dentist, and that is why I needed a Root Canal) Well, he was mortified at what he found and sooo mad at my Dentist. Said it wasn´t fair and they did SUCH a bad job on my crown and no wonder it went bad. It wasn´t even ceramic, and it was WAY to big for my tooth that they ground down all the way to the bone. I had no real tooth left. He just couldn´t believe it.

Anyway...long story short, I was there for an hour or so, spent 3 hours the next day at another Dentist´s office where I got my Root Canal done. I was very emotional...cried the whole time like a big, fat baby cause I was just so tired of having something always hurting on my body. It was not a fun procedure and I was in pain, and I was just so tired of seeing a doctor every darn week it has seemed, and just being in pain in one way or another. I felt so stupid. Kept explaining it wasn´t them, just all that I´ve been through. Anyway, had my root canal and you´ll never guess how much it cost. Ninety dollars. Yep, that´s it. 90.00 vs. 1,000.00. Makes you wonder huh??

Anyway, my time is running out. I´ll be back soon to tell more. We got to the resort yesterday so i can finally relax. I´ll tell the rest later.....Lots to tell!!! I miss everyone so much!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so MISSED! The ONLY time I walked away from my phone yesterday was, Oh yes, when you rang. Please call again if you get a chance. I am off tomorrow and will keep my phone close by. I love, love, love ya'll. I am glad to know you are there and safe. I will talk to you soon. The dogs / house is fine. Everything is great.
Love you-
Erica