Saturday, May 10, 2008

Horse Races and Mother's Day

Hey My Buddy,

I miss you so much already! You've been asleep for a couple hours now and I really just want to wake you up to kiss you! What a crazy weekend this was. Saturday was...well, I can't remember when I've been so frustrated/exhausted/stressed on a day OFF that was supposed to be fun. Geez I wish I could redo that day!!! I had the bright idea of going to the annual Iroquois Steeplechase Horse Race. It's a Huge, Elite, Social Gathering with Nashville's finest....Women in beautiful dresses and large hats, men dressed nicely, and lots of excitement! I've never been before but I've heard about it every year, seen the beautiful people around town after the race, and have always wanted to be a part of it! Well, I heard you could get tickets at the gate fairly reasonably. It couldn't have been more misleading. All I can say is that we all got separated for almost 3 hours, the General Admission area was lame, lame, lame...we couldn't get back to our parking lot cause the road closed, and you had a fever of 102. WHAT A NIGHTMARE. It was not a fun day.... I'd still love to go again next year, but I would do it all differently. Get good tickets, don't take a child, and park in the right place!! It was a learning experience.....Also, in all that mess, we didn't have enough food to feed you dinner on the way home, since we weren't supposed to be gone that long!!!, so I resorted to doing something I SWORE I'd never do til you were much, much older, and even THEN, on rare occasions! We went through McDonalds and I got you a cheeseburger Happy Meal. You ate the whole thing. Oh my gosh!!!! There goes my "I'll NEVER's" kicking me in my teeth like I said in my last blog post!!! The things you do in desperation.... :)

Mother's Day was great....spending time with great friends, eating yummy food and counting the many reasons why I am so thrilled to be your mommy. This is my second Mother's Day and I still can't believe that I have been chosen to be your mom. How did I get so lucky? All I know is that it is the greatest honor that I have ever had. Thank you for making my life complete. I will never love another human being the way I love you. You are my absolute WORLD. I love you honey......

Love, Mommy



No comments: