Thursday, May 22, 2008

My "Quirky" Little Guy

Hello my lovely,

I must say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree when it comes to your silly, quirky ways. I hope you will learn to always embrace that about you much like I have had to do in my life! :) You are so precious.....and so darn smart!!! It just blows me away the things you do sometimes..the way your mind works through things already! You definitely keep me laughing. Always. Here are a few of your latest stunts... :)

Today when I was feeding you lunch, I just dumped a bunch of fruit salad on your high chair tray so that you could feed yourself. You've always eaten lots of peaches, pears, mandarin oranges, pineapple and such, but there were cherries in the mix this time. You started eating the fruit and when you got to a cherry you picked it up, examined it briefly and threw the thing overboard. Uh HELLO???!!! What's wrong with the cherry??? That's one of the best parts!! You did that every time you came across one. Too funny. Guess it was just too red and foreign for you to try huh?? You wouldn't even try it....tight lipped as they come when I tried to introduce it to you!! Hahahaha.... Maybe next time.

You are really good at giving kisses now. We say, "Give kisses!" or "Beso!"(in Spanish) and you open your mouth wide and put it on your face or mouth. It's so cute...and messy!!

You REALLY,REALLY love being outside. Just feeling the breeze on your face I can tell makes you extremely happy. When it's time to go inside BOY do you have a fit at times! Definitely already getting mad at things. I don't know why but I just think it's funny when I see you get all red, fling your head back on the floor and cry. It just amazes me that you can experience such strong emotion at your age! I do not give in however even though I love that you love the outdoors. I hope that you will enjoy all the things it offers while you are growing up. I had so much fun romping around with my brothers and my parents when I was younger. Most of my memories revolve around being in the mountains, hiking, camping, skiing, horseback riding and playing at the lake. I hope you'll share those loves as well!

You are my little treasure hunter....I swear....If there is something there, that most people cannot see, YOU will find it. Always. Drives me insane!! :) Like I said before, there could be a fly on the floor somewhere....and there could be a WHOLE big house with no other flies anywhere....but that fly could be, say, under the table on the wood floor, and guess who finds it? Ding Ding Ding! Yes! You!!! Then, I could drop ONE piece of dog food, that is brown in color mind you, on the wood floor that is also brown in color, and of alllllll the places to roam on that said wood floor you zoom right in on that one darn piece of dog food!! For the love of God child!!! WHY??? :) You find the most interesting little things in the most interesting places. I just don't know why you can't just go play with your toys!! I wonder everyday why I even have any toys for you! These things seem to interest you WAY more! :)

Today you crawled under your highchair and then proceeded to crawl and push your highchair all around the wood floors. Hmmm......don't know why! :) You thoroughly enjoyed that bit of fun though!

You want to eat ANYTHING that anyone else puts in their mouths. You could have JUST eaten, but you seem just HEARTBROKEN if we don't share with you. The lip goes out, and it's just a pitiful moment I tell ya... :) You will eat just about ANYTHING too...(except for the cherries :) ) The latest of strange foods that you seemed to enjoy have included Roasted Red Bell Peppers, Limes, Red Bean Burritos, of course a whole Happy Meal (not my shining moment) and spicy General Tso's chicken. You are such a good eater!!!

Well, mommy has to cut this short as she has so much to do since we are leaving for Mexico tomorrow!! Yay!!! You get to see your Abuelo and Abuela (Grampa and Gramma), your cousin Sergio that is 2, and your two uncles and aunts! How fun!! We will be staying in Celaya for 2 days, driving to an all-inclusive resort in Ixtapa for a week, and then coming back to Celaya for two more days. What a fun-filled time we will have! I'm soooo ready to go relax for a bit. I'm sad that I won't be able to write in this blog for awhile, but I will write everything down and try to sneak some Internet time at some point and share some more.

I love you....and all of your "quirky" ways.... See you in a couple hours!!

Love, Mommy

No comments: