Thursday, May 1, 2008

We are Pitiful, Pitiful, Pitiful....

Hey my little napping guy,

We have been quite the pitiful pair, you and me ,this last week. It all started last Friday when I left you with your Aunt Erica for the day. I had a doctor's appointment across town that I couldn't take you to, so your Erica volunteered to play with you for the day. She took you to Percy Warner Park and wheeled you around and played with you most of the afternoon. You were lovin it!

Earlier that morning when you woke up you felt a little warm, but after taking your temperature and it reading normal, I wasn't too worried. I guess I should have been, and not had Erica take you out in the heat. By the time she got you back to her house and out of the car you were just burning up. I was only minutes away from getting there and she called me panicking, telling me that you were just way, way too hot. She was amazing though and did everything she was supposed to....gave you Tylenol and put you in a cool bath. When we got you out of the cold water and took your temperature it was 104.2. Um....SCARY!!! That sucker jumped from 98 degrees to 103 in .2 seconds. Freaked me RIGHT out!!

Anyway, making a long story much shorter, you saw the Doctor and ended up having a bad ear infection and a throat infection. Poor baby. When I took you the week before for you ONE YEAR well visit, she told me at that time that you had an ear infection. I had no idea! You hadn't been fussy, or tugging at your ear or exhibiting any behavior that would lead me to believe that, but you had one, so we put you on antibiotics at that time. I guess it wasnt strong enough because now it was full force. So....stronger medicine!!! Well, it is now Thursday and you are still not better. You got worse there for a few days actually...... I have been so worried about you! You haven't been sleeping well, haven't been eating at all...been coughing alot, fussy, just not yourself. Your daddy had to take you back to the doctor on Monday evening for some chest x-rays cause I was still in the hospital. I was hating not being there for you, but all looked ok. You've just been one sick puppy! :( Today you seem a little better...eating some more and not as fussy. I'ts been so hard not to be able to pick you up and cuddle with you.

I had my bladder surgery Monday morning and all seemed to go well this time. After my botched surgery last July, the doctor felt good about this one and so far it seems to have worked!! Hallelujah!! I can't begin to explain the discomfort I have endured this last YEAR, so for it to possibly finally be over? I can't celebrate enough.....or so I want to....I'm just too scared it's too soon to tell for sure. I only had to stay one night in the hospital and I was just missing you so much...and so worried about how YOU were feeling. This is not good for us both to be sick and not feeling well at the same time! How am I supposed to take care of you and cuddle with you when I can barely move? NOT FUN...... Thank God for your Daddy and your Nana!!!! They have been SUCH a big help through all of this....What would we have done without them? Your nana is always the best person to have around when you're not feeling well. She waits on you hand and foot.....

Thanks mom....I needed you so much!!

So, we are both in the recovering process....me with my sore tummy since they cut me open this time, and you with your sore throat and ear.... Let's get better soon ok? I don't like this so much! I'm hobbling around like an old woman, and you are hobbling around like an old man! We are a pitiful pair!!! I love you with my life little munchkin.... Feel better soon!!!

Love, Mommy

No comments: