Friday, May 2, 2008

Our Colorado Trip

Hey my perfect one....

You are sleeping right now so I thought I'd take this time to catch up on the rest of April's happenings. April was just SUCH a busy month jammed packed with so many events, happenings, birthdays, trips, doctors, blah blah blah, that I just haven't been able to write it all down!! Or find the time!!! I think after this post we will have covered April!! Whew! So one BIG event that happened was our trip to Colorado!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your Gramma and Grampa bought us a ticket to come see them for our birthdays!! We flew out of Nashville on April 9th, your mommy's birthday, and arrived in beautiful Colorado by noon. You slept most of the flight, of course, and were bright eyed and bushy tailed by the time we got there! :) It was so good to see your gramma and grampa....We had a little birthday celebration for the two of us that night, since it was MY actual birthday and yours was the day after we left. Gramma made us own own little cakes...yummy, yummy!! You liked that!! :) Grampa was taking lots of pictures of you like he likes to do.....He got lots of cute ones!! You just seem to model for him when he gets the camera out.








So I was soooo excited because on this trip I was going to get to go up to our condo in Frisco and go skiing with oldest, dearest friend Amy that I hadn't seen for like TWO years! It was going to be my FIRST night away from you EVER. ....I hadn't been ready to do that until then, but because I was going to be with Amy, and having some girl time, I was READY!!! I've told you all about my friend Amy who lives in Seattle now. We grew up together and have pictures of us when we were just itty bitty...We moved to different places but have never stopped being bestest friends....
Here we are when we were little...



So..you finally got to meet her!!! I was soooo excited!! She was so sweet with you and brought you all sorts of birthday goodies. Yay! I can't BELIEVE I didn't get a picture of you with her....What was I thinking?? Obviously I WASN'T....:) So...off we went up the mountain as I left you behind with Gramma and Grampa. I was a little sad, but mostly excited to catch up with Amy and enjoy some great "girl time." I knew you were in good hands so I wasn't worried. We had the BEST time just talking and talking... When we got up the mountain we went and ate sushi, drank some wine, went back to the condo and sat in the hot tub for two hours, and stayed up talking til 3am. What a perfect night!! We woke up late, went to the slopes and skiied all afternoon until they closed. It snowed all day and by the time we were going to be heading down the mountain, the roads closed. Oh no! :) We walked across the street from the Condo to a Restaurant called Samplings, ate some more and had a nice cozy couple hours before they reopened the roads and we were able to come back down. It was the perfect 24+ hours, doing what I love so much with such a dear, dear friend. It was medicine for my soul, and I couldn't have had a better time. Thanks for letting mommy have a little break my baby! :) Even though I never feel like I need a break from you it is still nice to have some quality time with others. And THAT I did! :)




The best thing about this trip, and there were so many good things, was that my best friend and I finally healed our friendship. We hadn't spoken for over a year, and he called me to request that we meet to start the healing process while I was there. I was so nervous, and so anxious for things to be back to the way they've always been. I had missed him so very much. When I saw him, and hugged him, I felt a year's worth of stress just peeling away from me......It was amazing how much just seeing him and talking to him made me feel more like myself than I had in a long time. So things are good....and I'm just so happy. So happy. You got to meet Ian and his girlfriend Pam too....it was just really nice that they got to see you.....Yay yay yay yay... :)

So it's always wonderful to see your Gramma and Grampa. They are always doting on you since they dont get to see you much....They are just amazed by you! They hadn't even seen you crawling yet, so it was such a treat to see you walking! We had lots of fun playing with you,taking pictures and capturing some videos. Here is some of that collaboration!! :)









During this trip we also got to go see my cousin Jennifer, (which would be your second cousin I guess?) and Chris, Tyler and Mackenzie!!! Yay! Little Mackenzie is three now and just crazy about you. She was quite the doting one.... She asked me if I brought you food, and when I said "yes..." she would say, "He's hungry now. You need to feed him." Then she would say, "He's thirsty....he needs to drink." She wanted to help feed you and hold your sippy cup when you drank. At one point she came running in the room saying "Caden's nose is running. You need to wipe it." :) How cute... At one point she took you upstairs to show you her room. About a minute later she opened the door and yelled downstairs.. "CADEN IS TEARIN UP MY ROOM!!!" I was just dying laughing. I'm sure you was pulling everything out of its place like you do. When it came time to feed you your bottle, SHE wanted to hold you and hold your bottle. We got lots of precious pictures of you guys....






While we were in Colorado we also got to meet your Gramma's daughter Kristina and her husband Chris. I have sooo wanted to meet them and they were just wonderful. I felt like I had known them forever, and was really excited that the family was blending so well. They are having a baby any minute now, so you will have another cousin soon! What a great trip......We did lots, saw lots of people, and had lots of fun. Don't know when we'll see them next, but already I can't wait!! We love you Gramma and Grampa! Thanks for allowing us to come!!!

Again my love, you proved to be the best little traveler....Thank you for you wonderful spirit and your abundant patience with all the chaos that can sometimes go on. I love you with my life...

Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Amy Hale said...

Tiffy... It was SO wonderful to see you again after so long - as we said, NEVER again will we let that much time go by!! And especially, to meet Caden - what a love. He is unbelievably adorable, such a sweetheart and so fun. I only wish I had more time to spend with him! I consistently find it amazing, and I am ever grateful, that we have remained bestest friends after so many years and so many moves. It never seems to matter how much time has passed or which part of the country we are living in, when we get together we pick right up where we left off! It was really fun to read about our ski trip and see the great pics you posted! thanks - love you!!
-Amy