Wednesday, May 7, 2008

You're An Old Man


Hi my precious,

I was just sitting here re-reading some of my earlier blog posts, and all the sudden I realized that you are totally not the same little guy you were just three or four months ago. You are an old man.

Reading about how I had to swaddle you in order for you to go to sleep almost felt foreign. These days I just throw you in the crib (not literally) :) and you pretty much head right to sleep. I used to be able to set you down somewhere in the room, walk away, come back, and you would still be in the same place. Uh...NOT ANY MORE!! Good gracious. If I did that now, I'd have to go on a hunt to find you you are so fast!!

I used to always know where things are ie cell phone, keys, remote control. Now, it is a chore finding these items. First place I look is the bathtub as this is your favorite place to stash things. The TV remote and cell phone are major issues. You hide them all the time. The phone is easier to find as I can just call it from my house phone and follow the sound....the remote on the other hand is a much trickier item. We all looked the other night for the remote for some time and couldn't find it anywhere. Your daddy finally found it stashed in between the washing machine and the wall. Uh HELLO? How and WHY in the world would you do that?? I don't think I EVER would have found that. I'm not sure how HE did....LOL :)

You are totally off baby food now, AND bottles. It feels like you came out of the womb eating spaghetti Oh's, Mandarin Oranges and the occasional bite of Red Bell Peppers and sipping away on some apple juice or milk. My how grown up you are!!

Another reason why you're an old man....? When it's naptime or bedtime I say, "Time for night night!" and you go running into your room and try to pull up to get in your crib. I am serious!!! What child is happy to go to sleep?? Seriously! Something is just not right... hehehe.

You have just changed so much little guy. Every day it's something. I am so pleased with all your progress, but I’m so sad by how much I'm starting to forget, how quickly little itty bitty Caden phases,and moments that I thought would be burned into my memory are becoming faint memories. That just doesn’t seem right. I'm sure glad I'm writing all this down. It's fun to go back and refresh my memory with your cuteness. I love you my little man and I'm sooo glad that you are feeling better.

Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww - that is a so true - Caden is growing and changing and learning so much each day. So many changes, so much to explore and discover. How much fun it is to be a child - everything you learn is new, everything is the first time, everything is so fascinating. Let's all be like little kids and look at things in a new light and discover what's thrilling about the simple things.

I'm glad you are Caden's mommy - he is one lucky little fellow.

I'm proud of you & I love you, my little child.