Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Letter to all my Childless Friends

To all my Dear friends who have not yet bred,

Don't think I haven't noticed you wince when I've talked about various diaper blow outs, or saw the horrified look on your face when you saw my child pick up a dead fly and put it in his mouth. I saw you mentally wondering if letting my one year old have a drink of my soda would forever somehow damage him. And, I'm sure that you've viewed my ratty ponytail, stained carpets and new "toy box" decor with some disdain. You also may roll your eyes at how much I tend to rant and rave about my baby. Like, get over it, you had a kid, that doesn't mean the world revolves around him! :)

That's okay. I've been there, too.

I'm sure that you look at my not always stylish clothes and my make-up free face and vow that you will never let yourself go like this. When YOU have kids, you will make sure that you will have plenty of "YOU time" and that nothing much will change. Your children will never take over your life, OR your house. Oh yes.... I know what you're thinking, and almost every thought begins with "I'll never."

Dear, dear childless friend.... Right now, you have it all planned out. You know just exactly how you'll handle your kids. Savor that season of knowing. Cherish it. Commit it to memory. I want you to have a good, clear recollection to laugh about when all of your "I'll nevers" kick you in the butt. :) I'll be there for ya though!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shoot no, I'm not having my own, I'm just gonna sneak away with Caden. Are you kidding..."I" even talk about him like the world revolves around him, too. And don't think you haven't always walked around with that "ratty ponytail." Don't you blame that on your son!! However, if I did have kids, I'm sure I would look perfect always, and never talk about him / her too much. Not to mention my house would be spotless! :) ha ha

Love you my mommie friend-
Erica

Amy Hale said...

One word: NANNY

(hee hee!)