Thursday, October 11, 2007

My Favorite Time of Year

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Fall is FINALLY here! Last night I walked outside and it was CHILLY!! It had that "feel" in the air! Oh my gosh, I was sooooo excited. I just wanted to run down the street spreading the great news that summer was finally gone and that fall has officially come! I've been so ready for it this year. It seems that this summer was unbearably hot and I've just been anticipating the "change". Fall is my favorite season. The weather is just so perfect...not too hot and not too cold. At night you need a light sweater or jacket...LOVE THAT! The leaves turn colors and the mosquito's go away. The camping trips are just around the corner with fires, and smores, and good friends. I love seeing pumpkins, squash and scarecrows on people' s front porches and yards. I love the yummy food of fall.... chili, cornbread and pumpkin pie. I love the smell of fall and the feel of fall. I love decorating my house with all my fall colors and a few Halloween favorites. I just love the knowledge that the holidays are just around the corner. This has got to be my ALL time favorite time. :)


The colors of fall are so beautiful.....I just love going for drives this time of year just to soak in all the beauty. I truly feel thankful of our earth more during this time than any other... well, unless I'm on top of the mountains in Colorado skiing......that's a big toss up!! :) I also love that soft and comfty sweaters are just around the corner. I love wearing winter clothes. When it starts to get darker or dreary, or it starts to rain, it makes me want to curl up on my comfy couch with a cup of Chai Tea or Hot Chocolate and read a good book. Which brings up memories of me when I was little and the books I remember reading.

I used to love reading Grace Livingston Hill books, my favorite... I must have read a hundred of them. Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys, The Emily of Blue Moon series, Anne of Green Gables, The Black Stallion, Where the Red Fern Grows, The Yearling, and Robin Cook. I read as many books as I could get my hands on. I miss that....being able to read so much. I'm lucky if I get in one book a month. My favorite friend Kim in Canada encourages me to keep up with her on books, but I never can....I miss it. Oh well, I feel at times that I am writing my own book now with all my life happenings and the new-found joy of my son. What better thing to read than that? :) I hope everyone can experience something in their "fall" that makes them feel renewed and refreshed with what is to come.....

No comments: