Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!



Hi baby,

Yesterday was Father's Day so I wanted to tell you a little bit about your daddy.(You look JUST like him for goodness sake!!! I haven't spoken much of him on this blog as it has mainly been my personal journal of my feelings for you, and because of other reasons, but it's about time I tell you a little more about the man that has helped raised you. First and foremost, your daddy is soooooooo in love with you little guy. I've never seen a man more in touch, in tune, and more hands on with a child than your dad. It has shocked and amazed me, as I truly was concerned how he might be when you came along. Before you, he was very unemotional when it came to children. He always said he wanted kids, but I wondered if he truly wanted them for the reason of spending time and loving on them, or just to "have" them. My fears couldn't have been more wrong. Since the day you were born you have had your daddy wrapped around your little finger. He was as captivated by you as I am, and it has been fun watching him change and grow as a man and a father since your arrival. It's amazing how a 7 pound 14 oz baby can completely change a person's life!!

I would definitely say that I am the more "laid back" parent and he is much more "concerned and paranoid." (Not sure paranoid is the right word, but you know what I mean. :) ) When you are walking around, he doesn't want you to fall....ever... so he is right by your side most steps you take to ensure your safety. Not that I like to see you fall, cause by all means I hate it, but I'm more like "Ahh..... he's fine...toughens him up...He'll be fine two seconds after!" :) He always is very particular about your milk being luke warm...heating it in the microwave until it is perfect so that you don't get sick. I, on the other hand, just pour it right from the fridge into your cup as if its no big deal. (Man I sound so unconcerned!! ) He is just definitely more high strung if things aren't just perfect for you and it really is adorable and sweet. I've never seen him obsess about anything so much before in his life! He just wants the best for you and won't accept anything less!

He has been the biggest help I could ever imagine since before you were born until now. He is always willing to pitch in to help, always willing to buy what is needed for you, always willing to watch you when I can't, and always willing to give you lots of love and attention. We are both very lucky to have him around. You are one loved little guy!!!!

I can't wait for you to know him more and spend lots of time playing with him and learning lots of Spanish! You are already a bi-lingual baby and you don't even realize it yet! Your daddy speaks only Spanish to you and I speak English.....Already you know tons of both. How fun is that??? Just think of the advantages you will have in life knowing more than one language!! I'm excited for that.

Anyway.....Just know that you are deeply loved by your daddy and he would do anything in the world for you. Happy Father's DAY dad!!! One day you'll be able to say that!!! I love you little rascal...

Love, Mommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoever owns this blog, I would like to say that he has a great idea of choosing a topic.

Anonymous said...

Whoever owns this blog, I would like to say that he has a great idea of choosing a topic.

An Ordinary Mom said...

What a sweet and tender post! Isn't is great to see our husbands interact with their children?