Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

Hi my sweetness,

We're back! Whew! What a whirlwind trip. We tried to pack WAY too much into 10 days. Not doing THAT again! EVER!! It was very nice, don't get me wrong, but your mommy was way too stressed out most of the trip. That's not supposed to happen on a vacation is it?? :) All I can say is that I am glad to be back. The first few two days were full of Dentist appointments for your mommy, and an appointment for your vaccines. We then drove SIX hours, yes, SIX....to the beach (Ixtapa, Mexico) to the All-Inclusive Resort where we went in October when you met your Grandparents for the first time. It was beautiful there....absolutely couldn't have asked for better weather, food, and drinks. We had alot of fun laying in the sun, playing in the pool, eating lots of yummy food and drinking some Pina Coladas. (Well YOU didn't drink those, but your mommy had a couple :) )

Speaking of food.....GOOD LORD my child!!!! I have never seen you "pack it in" more than you did while we were in Ixtapa. You were the bottomless pit!! I mean, when it was time to eat, you couldn't get enough!!! You seriously ate more than me at some meals. You were sooooo excited for each bite that you just had everybody in stitches. We laughed so hard at you. It was as if each bite was a bite of heaven... I was seriously worried many times that I was overfeeding you!! I mean, when was I supposed to stop when you seemed so famished?? I guess it was just the sun, the pool, the playing that made you that way cause you are back to normal now. I will never forget that appetite. It was one for the record for sure!! Unbelievable how much that gut of yours can hold!! You looked like you had a little "beer belly." Adorable....what can I say??

You absolutely loved the beach and all the sand. Like I said before, you loved the sand WAY too much. All you wanted to do was eat the sand. At first we thought, "Ah, he'll eat a little and realize it doesn't taste so great and then he'll stop." Uh.....no!! You would just keep shoveling it in....make a strange face, try to get it out, and then do it all over again. Child of mine!! What is the deal??!! You are such a silly little guy. You were quite a sandy mess. I can't even believe the places that sand can find itself on the human body. Holy shmokes....that's all I'll say... :)

We went back to Celaya, spent another few days with more dentist appointments and another round of shots for you, and just hung out with the family. It was a little stressful, but overall a good time.

Flying with you this trip was, well, what can I say...a NIGHTMARE!! I figured out that this last flight was the 25th plane you've been on since you've been born. (We've had lots of legs on our flights) Anyway, all of them have been relatively smooth except for this trip! Can I say NIGHTMARE again?? What has happened to my perfect little flyer?? Hehehe..... You are just at that age where you can't sit still for two seconds. You are walking now and you just want to walk and explore all around you. You couldn't understand why I was not letting you down to walk, and holding you in such a small, confined area. (And confined it was, as we were in one of those SMALLER planes) You just didn't like that much and definitely let us know. Good grief we were stressed out. I'm sure alot of parents are used to the crying and whining of their little ones and it doesn't phase them as much, but we are DEFINITELY not used to hearing you cry, so our stress level was compounded by TEN MILLION!! You are just at that "in between" age where you are not a baby anymore, and you aren't old enough to sit down and color or watch a movie. I think I'll wait til you are two before I attempt THAT again. Lord, give me STRENGTH!!! :)

Anyway, we are back and I'm happy. I need a vacation now!!! :)

















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of you and Caden sitting on the beach! Caden fits right in with his Mexico family, doesn't he? How cute are they! Reading about your flight makes me nervous for our trip to Colorado in September! Yikes!