Wednesday, June 4, 2008

To Like or Not to Like

Hello my little prince,

We're back into the grind now and mommy's been unpacking and doing tons of laundry these last two days.... It's good to be home.

You make me laugh so much munchkin....You have such a personality even at one.

Here are some things that you LOVE right now....

Climbing up and down stairs. You just can't get enough. It's almost ridiculous really....You reming me of Gabby and how obsessed she is with chasing the ball. She would do it 24/7 if you'd let her. You just want those stairs so much...You find them wherever we go....

Pushing ANYTHING you can get to move. Hahaha....you LOVE the act of pushing, OR pulling really about anything. You love to push your stroller, chairs, anything that can be manuevered around. It thrills you to no end. :)

Leaning backwards on things. Ok, sounds wierd I know...cause it is!! :) You will back up against the couch or an ottoman or ANYTHING really and bend backwards and lay down. You love it. You do it all the time and it's quite silly. I'm always telling you how silly you are when you do that. :) You even walk around trying to lean your head back as humanly possible as it is without falling over backwards. Your so cute my little wierdo! :)

CARS.....always cars.... they have a way of entertaining for hours... I love them too for that reason!! :)

Drinking from a water bottle. Forget the sippy cup!! You LOVE to drink like a "big boy." I don't allow it tooo often as there is usually a wet shirt involved in this action, but it makes you so happy and you seem to beam with pride in your drinking achievements!!

Throwing things over the railing to the floor below. Ah!!!I can't even talk about it.... :)

Feeding yourself. You're so coordinated and cute when you do it.... You will see the tiniest crumb on a finger and you use such skill to move it to an easier, accesible place to lick off. It cracks me up. You are just so stinking precious!!

Rocks. I swear, you are all BOY. You are in LOVE with rocks. I'm slightly worried when you want to chew them. I don't want you to hurt your cute little teeth! It's like the sand thing, you think you'd realize that rocks don't taste so great but you seem to enjoy them immensely. Oh gosh... :)

Your little tennis racket and ball. You are just enthralled with those. Probably cause your daddy loves them and wants you to love them so much... :) You carry them everywhere though, and make your silly little excited face.

Of course your favorite things are still Cell Phones and Remotes. That will probably never change. :)


Here are some things that you DON'T love so much right now....

Getting you dressed or getting your diaper changed. Good Lord child, you would think that I was implementing some type of torture on you! You just fight it the whole way. Whine, whine, whine....twist, twist, twist....fuss, fuss, fuss....move, move, move.... Argh!! It is NOT an easy feat at times. Your daddy finally gave up...:) He officially does not want to go through "that" again. Hahaha!!! You are a rough one... :)

Mommy leaving the room that you are in. Freak out! :)...yes you do slightly... You are definitely in that clingy phase where you always need to know where I am. It's sweet, and it's sad too..... Poor guy...I'm coming right back!!

Grass. You're not so keen on the grass thing. Obviously that will change, but if i set you down in the grass to walk or even just sit, you make the WORST face like "what the heck is THIS business?" It's pretty funny. I guess you don't so much like the texture of it yet. Soon you will be running wild through it!! :)

Me wiping your nose or your face. Another moment of misery in our lives is when, God forbid, you have a runny nose and I have to wipe it!! Or if you have made a mess eating and I need to wipe your face. The floodgates open wide up, and you act as though your heart is breaking. You would think you were a woman for the drama show you put on!! :)

I love watching you change and grow. I want to bottle up each memory so that I never forget one moment. You are my love, my life..... You are the best!!!! I can't wait to learn all the things that make you tick.....Keep on truckin' baby...

Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One thing I do to keep Wesley still during a diaper/clothes change is give him something he doesn't normally get. Like a special book, or a pair of socks, or a roll of tape. Once I gave him a screw driver because that was the only thing handy and then later thought that was probably a bad idea; he loved it though!