Monday, July 16, 2007

Cinco de Wedding

May 5th....

Good morning, little munchkin (this is one of my favorite terms of endearment for you).

Your grampa just got married today. I can't believe it! He will be coming to see you soon with his new wife. I'm happy for them....I hope that they get to be a big part of your life.......

You love to be outside, munchkin. This morning when you woke up for your 4 am meal, I wrapped you up in your furry sleep blanket and took you outside on the front porch to listen to the gentle rain as you ate. It was beautiful. You are so smart–your eyes darted all around, maybe seeking some physical explanation for all the sounds you were hearing. You were so calm, eating and gazing, then, as the rain began to stop and the light of morning began to emerge, you drifted back to sleep. I watched you doze for a while, then took you back to bed. It was a perfect way to start the day, for me another moment of pure joy with my boy.

Last night I took you to Las Cebollas, a Mexican restaurant. While I was in the bathroom changing you (cause you had a nice blowout...:) , a lady just went nuts over you and made me take you to her table to show you off to her friends. You are so admired everywhere you go with that gorgeous head of hair that you have. Your Aunt Erica didn't want to put you down tonight....she loves you so much! See how loved you are?

I am so in love with you, kiddo. I hope you will always instinctively know how extremely loved you are, and never have to wonder where you fit in the world.

Love, your mommy

No comments: