Monday, July 16, 2007

We did it!

May 20th

Boo boo...

You view swaddling as a personal challenge. No matter how tightly I swaddle you, pretty much every time you manage to get one arm out. My little escape artist, eh? Grampa and Beth bought a Nature Sounds swing for you (it seemed the obvious choice since you love to be outside so much) and let me tell you, I would pay fifteen thousand dollars for this swing. You are so good about hanging out in it! Normally if I try to put you down for very long you very quickly suggest to us that you have another plan, but you like this swing. It has birds that circle overhead and there are choices about what sounds to accompany the birds (music, bird sounds, crickets, etc.); additionally it swings side to side or front to back. You seem to like the music and bird sounds quite a bit. You were a little fussy this morning and after I'd pulled out all the stops for you, I decided to give you a whirl in your swing. You gazed and cooed at the birds in flight for a long while, and have recently closed your eyes and are napping again. Fantastic!

Today is your five week birthday. Your Grampa is here visiting with his new wife Beth. We didn't do much to celebrate, just a romp in the park with your future dog friends Gabby and Max and you in my sling sound asleep. I sang you a rousing rendition of the birthday song that you didn't seem to fully appreciate, seeing as how you were crinkling up your face and occasionally letting out a shout of protest. I agree–aging can be tough, but it suits you.

Can I say that I am so completely and ecstatically proud of you? You made the 5 1/2 hour drive to your Nana nana and Poppa Poppa's house without so much as a peep on your part? Again I revert back to what I said earlier about God having a talk with you..... You were PERFECT!! Wow.....my little traveler...Good job! We took off and you slept like a dream for the first three hours...made a few sucking sounds that alerted me you were awake, and after I fed you you just kept yourself happy the remainder of the trip. How can I thank you enough? Have I told you lately how much I adore every precious bone in your body????

Your nana and poppa are so wonderful to you and so very attentive. They just can't get enough of you! Your nana just sings and sings to you and explains everything going on around you in the most fun high pitched way. You love it. You already know her voice and respond to it with the cutest faces. She is going to teach you soooo many things just like she has always done for me. And your poppa....he just loves you so very much! He is always looking for excuses to hold you. You are one lucky little man.... You are just going to be loved more than you will ever know what to do with! So look out buddy!

I love you so much....

Love, mommy

No comments: