Monday, July 16, 2007

Watching You

April 27th...

Hi my little boo boo....

I just put you down for a nap. Watching you fall asleep is one of the newly discovered great joys of my life. You attack tiredness in much the same way you attack my boobs... no messing around. :) Your eyes get so heavy, almost red-rimmed with sleepiness, but your body wants to keep moving. Your eyes will flutter, and many times after they have surrendered to gravity they will suddenly shoot open. This scared the yahoo out of me the first couple of times it happened, but I've since gotten a little more used to it. While your eyes are shakin' and groovin', your lips are engaged in trying out various types of puckering. It is everything I can do not to wake you up as I plant kisses all over your beautiful face. You are the greatest, my baby.
The other thing that makes me happy beyond measure is that you seem to have a real fondness for music. Yea! Today you fell asleep to Mark Wills, and yesterday we were rockin' out to Coldplay and Avalon.

Nana left us this week and we are sad.....she is going to be so wonderful in your life pumpkin, and she loves you so much already! It's her birthday today! I'm sad that she is gone.....it feels a little lonely without her support, but we will make it just fine.

One last note, you now have lost both your circumcision ring AND your umbilical stump. Hip hip hooray! You are free! :) And beautiful...... I love you so much...

Love, mommy

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: