Monday, July 16, 2007

You're finally here!

April 19th.....
I can't quit staring at you, my precious, precious child. It is amazing to think about these last few days , all that has happened, all the emotions that I have gone through, all the ways that you have changed already and all the ways that you have changed me..... Those first few days in the hospital I would cry when they would take you from me, and then sob when they brought you back cause I was so happy to see you. Do you know how happy I am that you are mine?
Here are a few of my thoughts about being your mommy...

1) I've never felt more full or self-satisfied;

2) You make these funky little gestures that make me weakin the knees, i.e. when you're sleeping you furrow your eyebrows, frown and smack your precious lips and make perfect noises. You could weaken the most hardened of people.

3) I could spend the rest of my days just staring at you, watching you learn about the world around you. I have spent a tremendous amount of time just gazing at you, watching you shake your little hands, sleep with your little hands clasped together in the cutuest way and raise your eyebrows while you're dreaming; And when you wake up....that's a whole different thing that makes me melt....

4) You were worth every ache and pain of pregnancy/delivery. I loved being pregnant with you munchkin....you fascinated me every moment.

5) You have the sweetest disposition. I feel so lucky to be near you and your sweetness.

6) You have allowed me to give my parents the greatest gift I could ever bestow them–the joy of being your grandparents. They are desperately, totally in love with you and I can't wait for you to know them! You will gain such knowledge and wisdom being in their very presence.

So there you are my little man.... Thank you for being the perfect little boythat you are, and for providing another reason for me to wake up every morning Having my close friends and family here for your birth was a gift that I will cherish always. I have said all along that you are lucky for having a built-in support system, and that was certainlyproven the day you came into the world.

I love you and I can't wait for you to wake up again so I can love you up real tight!

Love, your mommy

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: