Monday, July 16, 2007

Precious Sleep

May 10th.....

Hi again, you gorgeous boy.

You are sleeping. I could stare at you forever. You are starting to smile, which is heartbreaking in its complete loveliness. I never imagined I could feel about anyone the way I feel about you. Every time I look at you, I am awestruck that something so amazing and perfect could come from flawed people. It is crazy…

You have the biggest feet my little boo. Every person who has ever met you has commented on what big feet and hands you have...and how actively you move! You move them all around, oftentimes holding your left hand out while you sleep as though you are waving to God. Sometimes your exaggerated startle reflex (which I have discovered is totally normal for newborns) attempts to wake you up by causing your arms to start with something of a jolt. It just makes me melt every time. I just love watching you....and sometimes I do until I'm half asleep myself.

We're heading out on your first car trip tomorrow to see your Nana and Poppa in South Carolina. I'm a little bit nervous of how you will be in the car all that time, but at the same time I know how good you are and I have a bit of a cocky confidence. I just think you're pretty much right up there with perfect! I swear, it's as if God picked you out of the babies in heaven and had a little talk with you asking you to go a little easy on me. Thank you for listening so well.... Sleep well my little love, my life.

Love, your mommy

No comments: